Fish is regarded as one of the healthiest protein sources. Fish, which is high in beneficial fats, vitamins, and minerals, is considered to be excellent for the body. Many fish & seafood are high in omega-3 essential fatty acids, such as salmon, mackerel, anchovies, sardines and herring.
Although there are plenty of fish and seafood options available and all of them have key health benefits, some of them surpass the benefits of others, sardines happen to be one of them.
10 healthiest fish varieties you may add to your diet.
- Sardines – Sardines are high in beneficial nutrients such as vitamin B3 and B12, iron, zinc, and selenium. Some of these nutrients have been linked to the prevention of certain ailments. Sardines may be used to make a number of delicious recipes.
- Salmon – Salmon is used for a variety of delectable recipes and is one of the greatest sources of omega-3 fatty acids, which are important since the body cannot produce them and these acids must be received through diet. Salmon is very abundant in protein, Vitamin A, and Vitamin D.
- Hilsa – Hilsa fish is high in necessary fatty acids (omega 3 fatty acids) and is believed to help decrease cholesterol levels.
- Pomfret – Pomfret, sometimes known as the Indian butterfish, is a variety of butterfish found throughout South Asia, including the Indian Ocean. This fish has a delicious flavour and is high in protein and omega 3 fatty acids. The two most widely marketed fish in India are silver or white pomfret and black pomfret.
- Mackerel – Mackerel is high in omega-3 fatty acids, protein, and selenium, all of which are beneficial to the immune system and thyroid function.
- Crab – It’s low in fat, rich in protein, and contains vitamin B12 and copper which are needed for healthy red and white blood cell development.
- Tuna – Tuna is an excellent supplement to a well-balanced diet. It contains vitamin B12 and selenium, as well as niacin (vitamin B3), which helps boost energy levels.
- Clams– Clams are a good source of protein and include vitamin B12 and manganese.
- Prawns – Prawns are low-calorie shellfish that are high in protein yet low in fat. Prawns, like other shellfish, are high in B vitamins, particularly B12, copper, magnesium, and selenium, and are also high in zinc.
- Rohu – Being high in protein, Rohu is also a great source of Vitamin D and niacin. It’s also rich in Vitamin C and Omega 3 fatty acids.
All of the above-mentioned fish are considered some of the healthiest fish to eat in India. All of these fish and more can easily be found fresh on our website and can be home-delivered quickly. Talking about sardines, in particular, we have fresh Blade Sardines, White Sardines and Oman Sardines. We import Oman Sardines because their flavour is an experience, plus, they are extremely high in Omega 3 fatty acids, vitamins D, A, and B12, and are low in mercury, making them healthy. All of our fish and seafood is sourced daily from government-approved biosecure farms and delivered fresh to your doorstep within 24 hours.
There is also a variety of recipes that you may prepare with Sardines. You may toss them with pasta, grill them on a seafood platter, bake them with lemon, garlic and pepper, prepare Indian masala sardine or make Kerala style sardine with coconut milk that is called Mathi or Chala in Tamil.
So, add this nutrient-rich delicacy to your diet, you won’t regret it. If you do make a few delectable sardine dishes we’d love to see them! Share photos on Instagram with #MadeWithLicious and you could be featured on our page and win Licious Cash.