These sweet and sour chicken balls are super delicious and easy to make. It’s a perfect recipe that can be prepared for a snack or side with chicken fried rice or hakka noodles. To make this recipe, tender chicken breast is cut into bite-sized pieces, coated with a batter, and deep-fried until golden brown and crisp. Served with a sweet and sour sauce this recipe is simply delicious and addictive!
This dish is great to prepare for lunch, dinner, or a light snack at home to enjoy with family. You can also prepare it for a get-together or party to impress your guests. The sweet and sour sauce is what takes this dish to the next level. However, you can even enjoy the chicken balls as it is with your favourite sauce for a delicious snack.
Check out the easy recipe below and make sure to follow it step-by-step to cook this recipe anytime at home!
Buy Licious Chicken Breast
To prepare this yummy Chicken Balls Recipe, order our Licious chicken breast which are fresh pieces of meat that you can use for any recipe. These chicken breast cuts are skinless and have a supple texture. Simply apply a flavourful spice rub and bake, grill, slow cook, or pan-fry these breast pieces for the best taste!
Our Licious chicken is raised on restricted biosecurity zones and hand selected after weight and age calibration. 100% free of antibiotic residue and hormones, all our meats & seafood go through 150+ quality checks to ensure you get the best meat and seafood delivered to your home. Our expert meat experts cut, clean, and hygienically vacuum-pack the meat, making it ready to use! To maintain freshness, our products are never frozen, and we ensure constant temperature controls between 0-4℃ at every stage.
So, order our Licious Chicken Breast to make this tasty lip-smacking Chicken Balls Recipe Within minutes!
|Prep Time||30 minutes|
|Cook Time||60 minutes|
- For the chicken balls
- 1 cup maida or all-purpose flour
- 1 cup cornstarch
- 2 tsp Baking Soda
- 2 tsp Baking Powder
- tsp ½Garlic Powder
- 1 1/3 cups of cold water
- 2 tsp Granulated Sugar
- 8 Chicken Breasts cut into bite-sized pieces
- Oil – For Frying
- pinch Aof salt
- For the sweet and sour sauce
- 1 tsp Soy Sauce
- cup ½ketchup
- cup ½brown sugar
- 1/3 cup Vinegar
- 1 cup Granulated Sugar
- cup ¾of cold water you can use unsweetened pineapple juice as well or a mix of both
- 3 tbsp cornstarch
- Take a saucepan and place it on medium heat. Add the soy sauce, vinegar, ketchup, and white and brown sugar. Mix until combined.
- In a bowl, add the pineapple juice or cold water with cornstarch and whisk. Pour the cornstarch mixture into the saucepan, whisking constantly until it comes to a rolling boil.
- Reduce the heat and simmer until the mixture gets nice and thick. Remove from heat and let the mixture cool down.
- In another bowl, combine cornstarch, maida, baking soda, baking powder, and garlic powder. Pour cold water and whisk the ingredients well until nice and smooth.
- Coat the chicken pieces well with the batter and keep aside.
- In a deep-bottomed pan, heat oil and carefully place the chicken balls in the hot oil. Deep fry for about three to four minutes, or until they turn golden brown. Remove and place on a plate.
- Sprinkle salt on the chicken balls and serve them hot with sweet and sour sauce. Enjoy!
Order our fresh Chicken Breast from our website to cook this yummy Sweet and Sour Chicken Balls recipe at home. Be sure to take a few pictures for Instagram and tag us using #MadeWithLicious for a chance to win Licious Cash. Enjoy!