It’s Father’s Day!
He is your first superhero, your first love in life (don’t tell that to your mom though).
He’s more than special, he’s your one in a million dad. Your life is full of joy and laughter when he is around, another man like him, can never be found. He taught you to differentiate right from wrong, right from the moment that you were born.
You know he’ll always guide you, like Mufasa guided Simba. You know he’ll always be proud of you despite your constant bickering, like Dr. Henry Jones was proud of his son, Indiana. You know he’ll always teach you the best lessons in life, like Vito Corleone taught Michael. You know he will stand by you and support you like Mac McGuff stood by his Junebug…and you very well know, that if you are ever well and truly lost, he’ll always find you, like Marlin found Nemo.
Your dad is truly the King of his Castle, the Lord Of His Jungle, it’s only fitting that you treat him with an amazing meal, fit for the Lords and Kings on this day. We’d like to present you the recipe for this regal dish which will immediately transport your amazing dad into a gastronomical utopia.
Hey, he’s earned it.
Father’s Day Special Chicken Tikka Masala
- 1 cup plain yogurt
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 2 teaspoons ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 2 teaspoons black pepper
- 2 teaspoons ground ginger
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 3-4 boneless, skinless, Licious Chicken Breast
Tikka Masala Gravy:
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1 capsicum, finely chopped
- 2 teaspoons ground cumin
- 2 teaspoons red chilli powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 200 g tomato purée
- 1/2 cup fresh cream
- 1/4 cup chopped coriander leaves
- 2 slices of lemon
- Combine all marinade ingredients except the Licious Chicken Breasts.
- Douse the succulent, juicy Licious Chicken Breasts with the marinade and refrigerate for at least an hour and up to 8 hours.
- Grill or cook the marinated Licious Chicken Breasts in a frying pan (be sure to get a lot, but not all, of the marinade off the Licious Chicken Breasts before cooking). Discard the remaining marinade.
- Melt butter in large skillet over medium heat. Sauté garlic and capsicum for one minute. Add cumin, red chilli powder and salt.
- Stir in tomato purée and cream. Simmer on low heat for about 20 minutes till the gravy thickens.
- Add the gorgeously grilled/cooked Licious Chicken Breasts and simmer for 10 minutes.
- Garnish with fresh coriander leaves, and sliced lemon. Serve over with hot rice or your choice of bread.
Recipe courtesy : ohsodelicioso.com
So what are you waiting for? Go serve up this delectable delight to your dad and help make his day special! Licious wishes a very Fabulous Father’s Day to all the Dazzling Dads out there!