Are you a fish enthusiast?
If yes, then this nugget of fact will fascinate you: Tuna, also known as Kera fish in India, is the most widely consumed fish around the world.
Choora is another name for Kera fish. The fish’s flesh is soft and moist, and the colour is a deeper pink. Kera fish or Tuna is a popular delicacy in many parts of the world. Various dishes are made using fresh Kera fish as it has a distinctive taste and flavour. It is a popular dish in Kerala and is commonly eaten in curried, deep-fried, and pickled forms.
Before we talk about various recipes and methods of cooking Kera fish, let us dig into how its meat is different from other varieties.
How is Kera fish different from other varieties?
Kera fish is one of the most nutritious foods in India. It is rich in essential nutrients and has a low-fat content. Apart from being rich in protein, there are other health benefits of Kera fish. This might be the reason why it is such a venerated delicacy around the world and is an important part of the diet of people from coastal regions in India.
- Kera fish has a high concentration of omega 3 fatty acids.
- It contains an abundance of vitamins, minerals, and nutrients.
What kinds of recipes are suitable for Kera fish?
Kera Fish is used in several dishes in India because of its health benefits and distinctive taste, texture and flavour. Some of them are:
- Spicy Kera Meen Curry: It is a popular fish dish in Kerala that is cooked using coconut milk, local spices, tamarind and Kera fish. It is usually served with rice.
- Kerala fish curry: The combination of Kera fish and curry is remarkable. Kerala fish curry is a curry dish that can be served as a main course for lunch or dinner. It is simple to make and should be served with rice.
- Choora Fish Fry: It is a delicious dish in which choora fish is marinated and fried to get a crisp outer skin. It is delicious, served with rice or rasam.
When all’s said and done, you also need the best quality Kera fish to make the perfect, finger-licking meal. That’s why we home-deliver fresh tuna, which has undergone 150+ safety and quality checks. Our expert meat technicians cut, clean and package your fish so you can use it straight out of the pack with ZERO prep.
What cooking methods are most suitable for Kera fish?
- Baking: Baking Kera fish is a great way to cook them. You should preheat the oven to an appropriate temperature and use oil to maintain the moisture content.
- Frying: The most common method for cooking Kera fish is deep-frying. Deep-frying marinated Kera fish helps you get crisp outer skin and juicy meat.
- Grilling: Grilling the fish is a quick technique. This easy procedure, which can be used with fillets or whole fish, allows the fish to acquire its rich flavour while being cooked at high temperatures.
There are various other methods to cook Kera fish depending upon the taste and cuisine you like. Just make sure that the fish is tender and properly cooked.
So the next time you have a hankering for tuna or kera fish, the information here will certainly come in handy. When you’re done cooking your delicious kera fish dishes be sure to tag us in your photos on Instagram with #MadeWithLicious and you just might be featured on our page. Happy cooking!