#MomChef: Sushama Pathare
Craving #MaaKaKhana? Try out this delicious recipe that’s been lovingly shared with us as part of our Mother’s Day campaign. We’re sure you’ll feel this mother’s love on your plate when you eat it. Enjoy!
What’s so special about this dish? Here’s what Aarti has to say:
“All of us always make red chicken gravy and varieties of it. There are times however when you simply run out of recipes and get tired of eating the same. At such times this ‘Green Chicken’ is a welcome change, both for the taste buds as well as visually! Plus it’s so easy to make and can be made with limited ingredients that are mostly present in our household.”
Buy Fresh Chicken Curry Cut online on Licious. Explore our website for a range of other fresh chicken options such as Chicken Drumsticks, Chicken Thighs and Curry cuts and prepare your next delicious recipe with Licious!
- In a pan, take 1 tbsp oil, and brown the sliced onions.
- Mix the browned onions with coriander leaves, mint leaves and chillies.
- In a pan, take 2 tablespoons oil, add cloves, black pepper, bay leaf and star anise and Saute.
- Add 250 gms of chicken, add the ground mixture paste, and make sure the chicken gets properly covered in the paste.
- Add 1 tablespoon of turmeric powder and salt to taste. Mix!
- Keep the pan covered for precisely a minute on low flame, so the chicken soaks up the juices from the paste.
- After a minute, add a little water [the amount of water depends on whether you want gravy or dry]
- Cover and cook on low flame for 5-7 minutes.
- Garnish with fresh coriander.
- And voila! Green Chicken is ready to be devoured!
- Serve with rotis or jeera rice!