The egg is one of the most versatile ingredients for cooking hundreds of dishes. One preparation that stands out is the lip-smacking American egg roll recipe, an on-the-go American delicacy. This recipe can work wonders when you’re feeling lazy and don’t feel like making an elaborate meal for yourself or your family.
At Licious, we have curated the perfect recipe for you. Every bite of these American egg rolls will rejuvenate you with their authentic taste and delicious flavour. So, why wait? Get ready to dig in with our easy-to-make American roll recipe!
What is an American egg roll?
Born from the fusion of Chinese and American cultures, the American egg roll finds its roots in the USA. The famous appetiser is commonly served at American Chinese eateries and local dim sum restaurants. This savoury, deep-fried roll can be equally relished as finger food at parties or quietly at home! It is filled with cabbage, chopped meat or egg, and other ingredients. Then, they are rolled up, sealed at the edges, and fried in oil. These rolls are also a good option for your tiffin or lunch boxes — for kids and adults alike! This quick dish is served with hot mustard sauce, duck sauce, soy sauce, etc., to add more flavour.
At Licious, we deliver fresh, naturally laid eggs to your doorstep. Our eggs come from healthy hens and are free of antibiotic residue or hormones. Additionally, they are cleaned, quality-checked, and crack-free.
We have a wide variety of eggs to choose from. You can go for the classic white, brown, country, quail, or kadaknath eggs. Click the button below to order!
|Prep Time||10 minutes|
|Cook Time||30 minutes|
- 12 Eggs
- 1 teaspoon Garlic Powder or more to taste
- 1 cup of shredded carrots
- 1 teaspoon ground ginger or more to taste
- 2 cups shredded cabbage
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 2 tablespoons water
- 4 cups peanut oil for frying
- 8 egg roll wrappers
- 2 tablespoons Sesame seeds
- In a large bowl, season the eggs with garlic and ginger. Mix them thoroughly.
- On a medium flame cook the eggs until completely done (they should not be runny).
- In a large bowl, combine cabbage, cooked eggs, and carrots. Mix til the egg roll filling is ready.
- In another clean bowl, add flour and water to make a paste.
- Start to heat oil on high flame.
- Till then, start preparing egg rolls. Place an egg roll wrapper on a clean surface. Place some amount of filling inside the wrapper. Fold the bottom corner along with the right and left corners. Using the flour paste, seal all the ends. Do this for all the wrappers.
- Fry the egg rolls in the oil. Gently toss them occasionally until the rolls turn golden brown.
- Garnish with sesame seeds. Serve hot with mustard sauce (or as per your taste) on the side.
So, go ahead and try the American Egg Roll Recipe using eggs from Licious. When you finish the recipe, don't forget to share the pictures of your dish with us on Instagram using #MadeWithLicious!