Amritsar is one of the most charming cities in India, and one of its charms is in its street food culture. Amritsari Fish is an iconic snack that is probably every fish lover’s weakness because of its flavours and a melodious crunch. Now, you can indulge in a proper Amritsari street snack within a few hot minutes with our Ready-To-Cook Amritsari Fish.
Buy ready to cook Amritsari Fish online on Licious. Explore our website for a range of other ready to cook options such as prawns zaffrani, habanero chicken wings and more! Prepare your next delicious recipe with Licious!
|Prep Time||2 minutes|
|Cook Time||10-12 minutes|
- Remove the Amritsari Fish from the package and place it on a plate.
- Toss and massage the fish to refresh the marinade.
Deep-fry On The Hob (Time: 10-12 minutes)
- Place a deep-frying pan on medium heat. Add enough oil to completely submerge the pieces. Heat oil to 180℃. It shouldn't be so hot that the oil starts to smoke, nor too cool or the fish will just soak up all the oil. To test, slide a piece of fish in the oil and if it sizzles then you should be on the right track.
- Once the oil is hot enough, slide in the pieces one by one gently into the oil. Make sure you don’t drop the pieces in as it may make the oil splatter onto your hand. Gently stir the pieces in the oil and turn them over occasionally till you get a golden brown colour on all sides.
- Once cooked, remove carefully onto a paper towel with a slotted spoon.
- Let the Amritsari Fish rest for a few minutes once cooked.
- Sprinkle some chaat masala and serve hot with lemon wedges and kachumber.