If you’re the kind that has to try the spiciest item on every menu of every small cafe, or restaurant, let the daredevil in you rejoice! Our Ready-To-Cook Andhra Chilli Chicken is bound to knock your socks off, courtesy a spicy marinade that heroes the vivacious green chilli.
Buy Andhra Chilli Chicken on Licious. Explore our website for a range of other Licious Ready to cook options to prepare your next delicious recipe!
|Prep Time||2 minutes|
|Cook Time||15-20 minutes|
- Remove the Andhra Chilli Chicken from the package and place it in a bowl.
- Toss and massage the chicken to refresh the marinade.
Handi Method: (Time: 25 - 30 minutes)
- Warm up a handi or a kadhai. Slide in the marinated chicken and stir to evenly sear the chicken on both sides over a medium flame.
- Once the chicken is lightly fried and the masalas give a cooked aroma, add half a cup of water, lower the heat, cover the vessel and keep cooking for up to 20 minutes.
- Check on the dish every 10 minutes, and gently stir to prevent the chicken from sticking to the bottom. Give it a splash of water to moisten the chicken and deglaze. You can keep cooking on a medium heat for the moisture to evaporate until you get the desired consistency.
Pan-fry On The Hob (Time: 15 - 20 minutes)
- Heat a teaspoon of oil in a non-stick frying pan. Spread out the prawns on the surface of the pan and let them sear on both sides, flipping occasionally.
- Sprinkle water into the pan occasionally to retain the moisture, and put a lid on so the moisture doesn’t escape.
- When the prawns are cooked, remove them on a plate and then deglaze the pan by adding some water to it and gently scraping the surface. You’ll be left with a thick, shiny sauce that you can use to coat the pieces of chicken before serving.
- Let the Andhra Chilli Chicken rest for a few minutes once cooked.
- Serve with steamed rice and pappu or with Andhra Chicken Biryani.