Love chicken? How about indulging in a never before cooking activity where you and your partner make a simple broasted chicken recipe at home, whatever the skill level.
How Is Broasted Chicken Made?
“Broasted” is a trademarked word. The cooking process of broasted chicken begins in the same way as fried chicken, where it gets seasoned and then rolled in batter and flour. However, from here begins the difference. Broasted chicken is first deep-fried in a high-pressure cooker for a minute to keep the breading intact. Thereafter, the lid of the cooker is closed to lock the moisture inside the chicken. Since the outside surface of the chicken is sealed, less penetration of oil in the chicken’s meat takes place. In simple words, broasted chicken is a chicken that is fried in oil but inside a pressure cooker, precisely a pressure fryer.
What Is Broasted Chicken, And What Are Some Good Recipes?
Broasted chicken is different from fried chicken because, in Broasted chicken, two cooking techniques come together: frying and pressure cooking. The outcome is crispy chicken on the outside that is juicy and tender on the inside.
Two cooking techniques may sound a lot to the ear, but in reality, the process of Broasted Chicken is effortless and not at all time-consuming. There are a variety of Broasted Chicken recipes that are easy to cook and will satiate your taste buds.
Licious Chicken Drumsticks
For this recipe, we recommend using our Skinless Chicken Drumsticks. Drumsticks are a tender, meaty cut that will not dry out easily. Our expert meat technicians cut, clean and trim the meat before it is vacuum packed in tamper-proof packages. Additionally, we ensure steady temperature controls between 0-4℃ to maintain freshness. Order Licious Chicken Drumsticks and get speedy home delivery!
|Prep Time||10 minutes|
|Cook Time||10 minutes|
- Cooking oil
- 1 package Licious Chicken Drumsticks
- Salt - to taste
- Black pepper to taste
- 1 tbsp Lemon Juice
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- ¾ cup cornflour
- 2 tbsp Garlic Powder
- 1 tbsp dried parsley
- 2 tbsp Dried Oregano
- Chilli powder to taste
- 2 Eggs
- ¼ cup water
- Broasted Chicken Recipe: Simple Chicken Broast Instructions
- Marinate the chicken drumsticks in pepper, vinegar and salt, and set aside.
- Add flour in a bowl along with salt and pepper and set aside.
- Add water, salt and egg in a bowl and then whisk well.
- Now coat chicken in flour, dip in egg, and then again coat in flour.
- Set it aside on a plate to let it dry for 5 minutes.
- Add enough oil to a pressure cooker for deep frying and deep fry each drumstick for 30 to 45 seconds.
- Cover the pressure cooker and wait for 2 whistles.
- Now let it sit for 5 minutes after switching off the flame.
- Release the pressure by lifting the whistle carefully with a spoon.
- Now heat it again after opening the cooker, and fry it till the outer layer of the chicken gets crispy again.
- Drain it and serve hot.
Bring out your creative culinary side by pulling inspiration from this Broasted Chicken recipe. We hope you enjoy it!
If you post this recipe of Broasted Chicken online, do use this hashtag #MadeWithLicious. What's more? You might just win Licious Cash.