When you think of doughnuts, a sweet round bread dipped in chocolate glaze comes to mind. There are many varieties of doughnuts, or donuts, as they are popularly spelt. They include chocolate doughnuts, doughnuts with sprinkles, cream-filled doughnuts, and others. However, if you love chicken and doughnuts at the same time, then chicken doughnuts are a must-try for you.
Do you know doughnuts can be spicy and crunchy as well? Yes, it is a recipe which does not take much time but will surely satisfy your cravings. Crunchy on the outside and tender on the inside, the chicken doughnuts have evolved into a major delight for people around the world.
Chicken Donuts are a popular street food available in many of the major cities of India. But, why order out or online when you can make the dish at home?
What are Chicken Donuts?
The classic chicken doughnuts are a perfect combination of minced chicken along with a mix of exotic spices. It is known for its authentic flavours and mix of ingredients that together blend well and gives an unforgettable experience.
It has become an instant favourite among kids and adults alike. You can serve it as an appetiser or even as a quick snack at parties. The minced chicken is perfectly blended with various herbs and spices. The chicken donuts also make an extremely good option for tiffin or lunch boxes.
At Licious, we deliver minced chicken right to your doorstep. It is ideal for kebabs, meatballs, Dimsum, patties, and korma. That’s why it is ideal for this Chicken Donuts recipe. At Licious, our meats are passed through more than 150 quality checks before it is delivered to you. They are also never frozen but rather kept chilled at temperatures between 0-4 °C to maintain freshness. Our chicken is sourced from Biosecure farms, cut & cleaned for convenience and delivered in tamper-proof packs.
If you want to buy minced chicken for your Chicken Donuts recipe, then click on the button below!
|Prep Time||40 minutes|
|Cook Time||90 minutes|
- 250 g Licious Chicken Mince
- 1 1/2 tsp garlic minced
- 1/8 tsp chilli powder
- 1/2 potato boiled
- 1/4 cumin seeds powder
- 1 tsp onion chopped
- 1/2 Carrot grated
- leaves Coriander chopped
- 1/8 tsp Chilli flakes
- Black pepper powder
- all-purpose flour
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1 egg whisked
- ¼ cup Bread Crumbs
- Oil – For Frying
- Take the chicken, boiled potato, grated carrot, garlic, a tablespoon of bread crumbs, finely chopped onion, chilli flakes, cumin seed powder, chilli powder, salt, black pepper, and coriander leaves in a jar and blend them into a fine paste.
- Put some oil on a plate and shape the paste as doughnuts.
- Keep these doughnuts in the refrigerator for a good 2-3 hours. Once frozen, make a hole in the centre of the chicken balls so that they look like doughnuts.
- Dip the doughnuts into the whisked egg, all-purpose flour (maida) and bread crumbs.
- Freeze them again for 2 hours.
- Heat the oil in the pan on medium flame. Deep fry the chicken doughnuts until they turn golden brown. Once these look golden and crispy, turn off the flame.
- For the best experience, serve the chicken doughnuts hot.
Tips and Tricks Do not overcook the doughnuts. Make sure the chicken doughnuts are fried well. Serving Suggestions Sprinkle some chaat masala on top for added taste. We hope you enjoy making this savoury twist on a classic sweet treat. Share your version of the Fried Chicken Donut with us on Instagram using the hashtag #MadeWithLicious.