Be it meet-up parties or midnight snacks, you can now enjoy delicious Chicken Hot Dogs with pineapple relish at the comfort of your home. Hot Dogs are easy to make and take only 10 minutes of preparation. Serve them with a glass of fizzy soft drink, lemonade or just a bowl full of chips and dip – there you go! To learn how to make Chicken Hot Dogs with pineapple relish, take a look at the recipe below.
Buy Smoked Chicken Frankfurter online on Licious. Explore our website for a range of other fresh chicken options such as Chicken Drumsticks, Chicken Thighs and Curry cuts and prepare your next delicious recipe with Licious!
|Prep Time||10 minutes|
|Cook Time||5 minutes|
- 4 chicken frankfurter or sausages cooked
- 4 hot dog buns split and toasted
- ½ cup fresh pineapple finely chopped
- 1 deseeded finely chopped jalapeno pepper
- 2 tbsp red onion finely chopped
- 1 tsp fresh ginger grated
- 1 tsp cider vinegar
- In a small bowl, mix pineapple, jalapeno, onion, ginger and vinegar. Set aside. In a grill, heat the sausage on medium-low heat until heated through and slightly charred with the grill marks.
- Serve grilled sausages in the hot dog buns topped with pineapple dressing along with your favourite beverage and some fries or chips.
If you find the bun too dry, just spread a teaspoon of mustard sauce or ketchup before adding the sausage.
Share your version of this recipe
Hot dogs have so many variations, be it the Chicago-style, classic mustard, Italian, hot wiener or complete. We love to enjoy ours with a touch of pineapple relish. How do you make hot dogs at home? Share your version of the recipe with us!
Frequently Asked Questions
What mild peppers can be used other than jalapenos?
If you are looking for a milder substitute for jalapenos, you can use cherry peppers or bell peppers. You can eliminate the peppers and use pickles too.
What sausages are preferred for smaller hot dogs?
You can use wiener or Nuremberger sausages for smaller hot dogs.