This chicken tortilla soup recipe is great for a quick weeknight dinner. It’s healthy, comforting, and so delicious. This soup is a filling meal full of chicken, beans, tortilla strips and corn. The chicken broth and tomato pair well with the shredded chicken, beans, corn, and veggies.
You could also sprinkle a handful of cheese and pair it with dinner rolls. What makes this yummy soup taste even better is the toppings. You can add a wide variety of toppings like tortilla strips, sour cream, shredded cheese, avocado, cilantro, diced jalapeno, and lime wedges for the best flavour!
The best part about this chicken tortilla soup is that you can store the leftover soup in the fridge for up to three to four days. You can also freeze this easy chicken tortilla soup in the freezer for up to two months!
Buy Licious Chicken Breast
We recommend our Licious Chicken Breast to prepare this delicious and hearty chicken tortilla soup. These chicken breast cuts are skinless and have a supple texture. Apply a flavourful spice rub and bake, grill, slow cook or pan-fry these breast pieces for the best taste!
Our Licious chicken is humanely raised in restricted biosecurity zones and hand selected after weight and age calibration. 100% free of antibiotic residue and hormones, all our products at Licious go through 150+ quality checks to ensure you get the best meat and seafood delivered to your home. Our expert meat technicians cut, clean and hygienically vacuum-pack the meat, making it ready to use! Our products are never frozen to maintain freshness, and we ensure constant temperature controls between 0-4℃ at every stage.
So, order our Licious Chicken Breast to make this Authentic Chicken Tortilla Soup recipe at home.
|Prep Time||30 minutes|
|Cook Time||60 minutes|
- 2 medium-sized chicken breasts
- 1 Chopped Onion
- 3 minced garlic cloves
- 1 seeded and diced jalapeno pepper
- 1 tsp Cumin Powder
- 1 tsp chilli powder
- 1 can of crushed tomatoes
- 4 cups chicken broth
- 1 can of black beans rinsed and drained.
- 1 cup corn rinsed and drained
- ½ cup chopped cilantro reserve ¼ for garnish
- Juice of 1 lime
- Salt - to taste
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- ¼ cup olive oil
- 8 corn tortillas
- 1 diced avocado
- 1 lime cut into wedges
- Over medium heat, preheat a pan with ¼ cup of oil. Cut the tortillas into thin strips and then fry them in the hot oil until they are nice and crisp. Remove and place the strips on a paper towel to drain.
- Over medium heat, preheat a pot. Add in the chopped onion, jalapeno, and garlic and saute till soft.
- Add the chicken, chilli powder, black beans, corn, crushed tomatoes, cumin, salt, chicken broth and ¼ cup of cilantro. Bring the soup to a boil and simmer for about 25 minutes.
- Remove the chicken pieces from the soup and shred them. Add the shredded chicken to the pot and simmer for another five minutes. Add in the lime juice.
- Serve this yummy soup hot with tortilla strips, avocado pieces, chopped cilantro and lime. Enjoy!
- Try making your own chicken broth or use low-sodium chicken bone broth.
- Add the spices according to your taste.
- Depending on the broth and tomatoes, you may have to adjust the salt accordingly.
Order our fresh Chicken Breast from our website to cook this healthy chicken tortilla soup recipe at home. Be sure to take a few pictures for Instagram and tag us using #MadeWithLicious for a chance to win Licious Cash. Enjoy!