There’s hardly anything that makes a staple like Sambar Rice better than it already is. It has to be something that compliments the flavours and also enhances them subtly. Chicken Vadai, our meaty take on the classic masala vada, simply adds that extra panache to sambar rice that’ll make you go, “Semma delicious!”
Buy Chicken Vadai online on Licious. Explore our website for a range of other Licious Ready to Cook options to prepare your next delicious recipes.
|Prep Time||2 minutes|
|Cook Time||12 minutes|
- Remove the Chicken Vadai from the package and place it on a plate.
Deep-fry On The Hob (Time: 12 minutes)
- Place a deep-frying pan on medium heat. Add enough oil to completely submerge the pieces. Heat oil to 180℃. It shouldn't be so hot that the oil starts to smoke, nor too cool or the chicken will just soak up all the oil. To test, slide a chicken vadai in the oil and if it sizzles then you should be on the right track.
- Once the oil is hot enough, slide in the chicken vadai one by one gently into the oil. Make sure you don’t drop the pieces in as it may make the oil splatter onto your hand. Gently stir the pieces in the oil and turn them over occasionally till you get a golden brown colour on all sides.
- Once cooked, remove carefully onto a paper towel with a slotted spoon.
- Let the Chicken Vadai rest for a few minutes once cooked.
- Serve with steaming hot rice and sambhar, or enjoy as is with lemon wedges, fried curry leaves, and onion rings.