Dahi kebab is a popular Indian starter, usually served during parties or at restaurants. Traditionally made using paneer and dry fruits, we’ve created a version with a twist for all the meat lovers out there! The following recipe replaces paneer with a meaty treat. To know what it is, keep reading!
Buy Chicken Mince online on Licious. Explore our website for a range of other fresh chicken options such as Chicken Drumsticks, Chicken Thighs and Curry cuts and prepare your next delicious recipe with Licious!
|Prep Time||15 minutes|
|Cook Time||25 minutes|
- 2 cups hung curd refrigerated overnight
- 1 cup Chicken Mince
- ½ Small Onion finely chopped
- 1 inch ginger finely chopped
- 1 Green Chilli finely chopped
- 2 tbsp Coriander leaves finely chopped
- 2 tbsp Cashews and Almonds finely chopped
- salt to taste
- ½ tsp pepper powder
- ¼ cup Bread Crumbs
- 2 tbsp cornflour
- oil as needed
- In a bowl, mix together hung curd and chicken mince. Then add onion, ginger, chilli, coriander leaves and dry fruits. Finally, add salt, pepper, bread crumbs and knead. Make sure everything is combined well, and there is no moisture.
- Apply some oil on your palms and roll medium-sized patties. Coat the patties with cornflour and immediately deep fry in hot oil on a medium flame, to stop the curd from breaking down. Once the kebabs turn golden brown, place them on a kitchen towel to remove the excess oil.
- Serve the dahi kebabs with pudina chutney or a sauce of your choice.
Do not over knead the batter, as the curd will start releasing water.
Share your version of this recipe
How do you make dahi kebabs at home? Share your version of the recipe with us.
Frequently Asked Questions
How do I prevent the batter from turning too sticky?
If the batter is too sticky, then add more breadcrumbs to absorb the moisture.
Why do the kebabs keep breaking?
Make sure you deep fry the kebabs immediately after kneading the batter. If you keep the patties aside, the curd may breakdown and release more water. This might cause the kebabs to break in the oil.