Transform your weeknight dinners into lavish restaurant-style dinners with something exotic like French Chicken. This recipe involves a pan-fried seasoned chicken coated in a creamy mustard sauce full of flavours. Although this dish is a quite a delicacy, you can easily make it at home in 35 minutes. Wonder how? Check below!
Buy Boneless Chicken Breasts online on Licious. Explore our website for a range of other fresh chicken options such as Chicken Drumsticks, Chicken Thighs and Curry cuts and prepare your next delicious recipe with Licious!
|Prep Time||10 minutes|
|Cook Time||25 minutes|
- 2 Chicken Breasts halved boneless and skinless
- 1 tsp Garlic Powder
- 1 tsp salt
- ¼ tsp Black pepper powder
- 4 tbsp flour
- 1 tbsp butter
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 2 tbsp butter
- 1 Brown shallot chopped
- 4 garlic cloves minced
- 1 cup dry white wine
- 1-2 tbsp Dijon Mustard
- ¾ cup chicken broth
- 1 tsp tarragon leaves or fennel seeds
- 1 tsp Dried Thyme
- ½ tsp rosemary leaves fresh chopped
- ½ cup heavy cream
- Salt and cracked black pepper
- Season the chicken evenly with garlic powder, salt and pepper. Then dip the seasoned chicken in the flour and shake off the excess. In a large pan, heat butter and olive oil on medium-high flame. Once the oil is hot enough, place the chicken in the pan and fry for about 8-10 minutes until crisp, golden on both sides.
- In a saucepan, heat butter and sauté shallots for about 3-4 minutes or until soft. Add garlic and cook for about a minute. Then add wine to deglaze the pan and scrape up the browned bits on the bottom of the pan. Simmer until the liquid reduces to half, this might take about 4-5 minutes.
- Add the Dijon mustard along with chicken broth and herbs. After a boil, reduce the flame to medium and then add cream. Simmer for about 3-5 minutes until sauce thickens. Add the chicken and simmer for another 5 minutes until the chicken is heated through and the sauce has thickened.
- Garnish with parsley and serve hot with pasta or bread.
You can also use chicken broth or chicken broth cubes instead of white wine. If you’re using chicken cubes, then dissolve 1 cube in 1 cup of boiling water to make 1 cup of broth. Adjust the amount of water, depending on the quantity required for broth.
Share your version of this recipe
French chicken can be relished in a variety of sauces. Ours is a flavourful mustard sauce. Tell us your preference with a version of your French chicken recipe.
Frequently Asked Questions
What can I use if I don’t find brown shallot?
If brown shallot is not available, you can use a small red onion too for this recipe.
What is the best substitute for Dijon mustard?
If you can't find Dijon mustard, you can simply stone-grind the regular mustard with a teaspoon of vinegar and water to make a smooth paste.