What’s the best way to relish a lavish meal at home on a lazy weekend? Herbed Grilled Tuna Steaks with mashed potatoes or butter-sautéed vegetables. Though the name of this dish looks heavy and appears to be much of a task to cook, worry not, the recipe is quite simple. It takes only 3 steps and is ready in just 25-30 minutes. Want to know how? Continue reading!
Buy Tuna Fish online on Licious. Explore our website for a range of other fresh seafood options such as Fish, Prawns and Crabs and prepare your next delicious recipe with Licious!
|Prep Time||5 minutes|
|Cook Time||20 minutes|
- 600 gms tuna steaks
- ¼ cup pitted olives finely chopped
- 1 cup mixed fresh herbs
- 1 tsp minced garlic
- Extra virgin olive oil as needed
- Salt and pepper as needed
- Lemon wedges
- Preheat the charcoal or gas grill with medium-high flame and place the rack about 4 inches from the heat. Season the tuna steaks with olive oil and then sprinkle it with salt and pepper.
- When the grill is ready, place the steaks and grill for about 3-4 minutes on each side or until done. In a small bowl, combine olives, fresh herbs and garlic with enough oil to moisten and bind the herb-rub.
- Once the tuna steaks are ready, plate them and spread a spoonful of the herb mixture on top of each tuna. Serve hot with lemon wedges and chips or honey glazed baby carrots.
If your steaks stick to the rack, the best way to release them without breaking them is to slide the spatula under the fish and gently lift it from the bottom.
Share your version of this recipe
We like to keep our steaks simple with a dash of herbs. How do you prefer your grilled tuna steaks? Share your version of the recipe with us.
Frequently Asked Questions
What type of tuna is best for grilled steaks?
A yellowfin or bluefin tuna is best for grilled steaks.
How do I know if my tuna steaks are done?
If you're aiming at a medium-rare steak, the steaks are ready in 7-8 minutes. Check the edges of the steak, when the colour changes from dark purple hue to light beige, your steaks are done.