A yummy recipe from our Licious family members- @_foodbloom
As a part of the #LiciousHolidaySpecials contest, we’d run on our Instagram, the admins of the Instagram page @_foodbloom had submitted this delicious Chicken Kasha recipe made with our meaty Chicken Drumsticks. Here’s what they had to say about why this recipe was their holiday season favourite:
Chicken kasha is not a dish it’s an emotion for us Bengalis. I have a lot of memories with this dish. Growing up in a Bengali household chicken kasha was our every Sunday essential. As a child and even till now I try this even before my mom can finish cooking and call it “kasha mangsho” And then this was my first dish when I first tried my hands in cooking.
Follow their recipe below to make succulent Chicken Kasha and follow their Instagram for more of their recipes. Try this recipe out and let us know how you enjoyed it in the comments below!
If you’re looking for other yummy chicken recipes from Licious, find them over here!
Order tender Chicken Drumsticks from Licious. Explore our range of chicken products such as Chicken Breast, Chicken Tenders, Chicken Curry Cut on to cook up delicious chicken dishes!
|Prep Time||10 minutes|
|Cook Time||40 minutes|
- 1 kg chicken Drumsticks
- 100 gram curd
- 2 tbsp of turmeric powder
- 3 tbsp of red chilli powder
- 1 tbsp of salt
- 100 ml of mustard oil
- 2 Cinnamon Sticks
- 2 cardamom pods
- 3 Bay leaves
- 4 dried red chillis
- 4 Onions medium-sized chopped
- 2 tbsp ginger garlic paste
- 2 tbsp Cumin Powder
- 2 tbsp coriander powder
- 2 tbsp red chilli powder
- 2 cups of water
- 1 tbsp garam masala
- 1 tbsp ghee
- Marinate the chicken with all the above-mentioned ingredients for marination, for at least 30 minutes.
- Heat the mustard oil in a kadhai and temper the cinnamon sticks, cardamom, bay leaves and chillis
- After a few minutes, put in the chopped onions and fry until translucent
- Now add the marinated chicken into the masala, mix and cover the kadhai for 8 min.
- Once the oil floats to the surface, add 2 cups of water and let the gravy come to a boil
- Add 1 tbsp garam masala and 1 tbsp of ghee, turn off the heat, cover the kadhai and let the gravy cool down.