Are you looking for something sweet and tangy to prepare at home? Indulge in this sticky and crunchy Korean popcorn chicken that is divine. Try out this simple recipe for any occasion to impress your family or friends. Eat it as a starter or combine it with a meal; this popcorn chicken recipe is a must-try at home!
What is Korean Popcorn Chicken?
Korean popcorn chicken, also known as Dakgangjeong, is a famous Korean tasty street snack. This dish has now become famous all over the world. It’s a delicious recipe you can prepare as a starter or a quick snack for the whole family to enjoy. This deep-fried chicken nugget is crunchy, spicy, tangy, sweet, and yummy!
Made from skinless and boneless chicken, these mini bites are easy to make with the perfect Korean zing. These pieces are tossed with spicy and tangy seasoning, making them crunchy, sticky and delicious. The pieces get even stickier as they cool.
Buy Licious Chicken Mini Bites
To prepare this delicious Korean Popcorn Chicken recipe, we recommend Licious Chicken Mini Bites, which are fresh and perfect for any recipe. These boneless meaty pieces are cut into bite-sized morsels to prepare your favourite dish. These meaty pieces are also great in salads, pasta, pizza and more!
Licious chicken is humanely raised in restricted bio-security zones and hand-selected after weight and age calibration. 100% free of antibiotic residue and hormones, all products at Licious go through 150+ quality checks to ensure you get the best meat and seafood delivered to your home. Our expert meat technicians cut, clean and hygienically vacuum-pack the meat, making it ready to use! Our products are never frozen to maintain freshness, and we ensure constant temperature controls between 0-4℃ at every stage.
So, order Licious Chicken Mini Bites to make this tasty Korean Popcorn Chicken recipe.
|Prep Time||30 minutes|
|Cook Time||60 minutes|
- 500 grams Chicken Mini Bites
- 1 teaspoon minced garlic
- ½ cup cornflour
- ½ tsp salt
- 1½ to 2 cups oil
- ¼ cup Ketchup
- 2 tbsp Soy Sauce
- ½ tsp minced ginger
- 1 tbsp Rice Vinegar
- 2 tbsp hot sauce
- chopped parsley
- green onions
- toasted sesame seeds
- Pat the chicken mini bites dry with a towel to ensure no moisture on the pieces.
- Mix garlic, salt and chicken in a bowl and keep it aside for ten minutes.
- Add cornflour and coat the pieces well.
- Heat oil in a pan to medium heat. Once the oil reaches the right temperature, drop in the chicken pieces, and fry them till golden brown and well cooked inside. Remove the pieces and place them on a kitchen towel.
- For the sauce, add soy sauce, ketchup, hot sauce, ginger and vinegar to a pan and simmer for about three to four minutes till everything is combined. Allow the sauce to thicken slightly, and then add the fried chicken to the sauce and coat the pieces well. Top with parsley, green onions, and sesame seeds. Enjoy!
- Chicken popcorn is best prepared with bite-sized chicken pieces.
- Marinate the chicken for at least ten minutes or overnight for the best taste.
- If the sauce is too thick, add a splash of water to loosen it.
- You can make this recipe ahead of them by frying the chicken pieces once and storing them for a few hours. When ready to serve, flash fry these chicken mini bites for just a minute. This will give the pieces a crispy texture; all you need to do is toss them in the sauce before serving.
Order fresh Chicken Mini Bites from our website to cook this Korean popcorn chicken recipe at home. Be sure to take a few pictures for Instagram and tag us using #MadeWithLicious for a chance to win Licious Cash. Enjoy!