Kebabs are an all time-favourite appetizer for meat lovers. Tender minced mutton is marinated in a host of spices and then fried or grilled until it turns slightly crispy. Here we share a delicious Mughlai Kebabs recipe made from mutton, spices, butter and ginger-garlic paste. It is easy to make and the result is melt-in-mouth kebabs. Check out the recipe below.
Buy Fresh Mutton online on Licious. Explore our website for a range of other fresh red meat options for lamb or goat cuts such as goat ribs, lamb legs, soup bones and more! Prepare your next delicious recipe with Licious!
|Prep Time||2 hours|
|Cook Time||20 minutes|
- 250 gm Mutton Mince
- salt to taste
- Pepper to taste
- ¾ Tsp red chilli powder
- ¼ Tsp Cumin Powder
- ¼ Tsp garam masala
- ½ Tsp onion powder
- 1 Tsp coriander powder
- ¼ Tsp Garlic Powder
- ⅛ Tsp Cardamom powder
- ⅛ Tsp Cinnamon powder
- ⅓ Tsp mango powder
- ⅛ Tsp clove powder
- ⅛ Tsp ginger powder
- ¼ Tsp fennel powder
- 1½ Tsp Kasuri methi crushed
- ¼ Tsp Nutmeg powder
- 2 Tsp ginger garlic paste
- 1 Tbsp butter
- ⅛ Tsp turmeric powder
- vegetable oil for cooking
- Take a blender and add the minced mutton to it. Then add all the powder spices and salt mentioned in the ingredients. Blend the ingredients to a paste-like consistency. Refrigerate for 2 hours.
- Once the minced meat is set properly, shape it into small kebabs. You can apply some water on your hands and scoop a small portion of the kebab mix and shape it. Set them aside on a plate.
- Take a pan and heat some ghee or butter in it. Add the kebabs to the pan and cook them for 7-8 minutes on each side. Drizzle a little oil over the kebabs if required. Once cooked, serve hot with mint chutney.
You can add a teaspoon of Besan for good binding to shape the kebabs.
Share your version of this recipe
How do you make Mughlai Kebabs at home? Share your version with us!
Frequently Asked Questions
Can I add fried onions to this recipe?
Yes. You can fry the onions until golden brown. Drain the excess oil by placing them on parchment paper and then add them to the kebab mix for blending.
Can I add green chillies to the recipe?
Yes. If you want your kebabs to be spicy then you can add green chillies as per preference.