Pineapple Chicken is a delicious combination of sweet, tart and spicy flavours. It can be a perfect weeknight dinner that is high on taste and nutrition. This stir-fry recipe is made in a rich Pineapple sauce along with other Asian sauce ingredients. Make yourself a delectable Asian meal today. Check out the recipe below.
Buy Chicken Thigh-Boneless online on Licious. Explore our website for a range of other fresh chicken options such as Chicken Drumsticks, Chicken Thighs and Curry cuts and prepare your next delicious recipe with Licious!
|Prep Time||5 minutes|
|Cook Time||20 minutes|
- 1 tbsp oil
- 450 gm boneless skinless chicken thighs cut into 1-inch pieces
- black pepper Freshly ground
- 1 Red Bell Pepper chopped
- ¾ cup pineapple juice (canned if available)
- ¼ cup low sodium soy sauce
- ¼ cup brown sugar
- 2 tbsp hoisin sauce
- 2 cloves garlic minced
- ½ jalapeño minced
- 2 tsp cornstarch
- 1 cup pineapple chunks
- ¼ cup cashews
- Take a large skillet. Heat some oil in it on medium-high flame. Add the chicken pieces and toss them gently. Cook them for about 5 minutes until they turn golden. Then add the bell peppers to the skillet and stir gently. Cook for 3 more minutes until the bell peppers turn soft.
- Take a bowl and add pineapple juice to it. Then add soy sauce, brown sugar, hoisin sauce, garlic and jalapeño. Give it a mix. Heat a small saucepan and add the mixture to the pan. Bring the sauce to a simmer. Take cornstarch and 2-tablespoon water in the bowl and make a slurry. Add it to the pan and cook until the sauce is thickened.
- Pour the sauce over the chicken in the skillet. Let it simmer for 3 minutes. Then, add the pineapple pieces and cashews and give it a stir. Garnish it with green onions and serve hot with steamed rice.
If required, you can coat the chicken pieces in cornstarch and one beaten egg. Then shallow fry the chicken until it turns brown.
Share your version of this recipe
Have you tried making Pineapple Chicken at home? How did your version turn out? Share your version with us! In the meanwhile, explore our various recipes of Stir Fry Chicken here.
Frequently Asked Questions
Can I add other sauces to this recipe?
Yes. You can add other sauces such as a BBQ sauce to this recipe.
Can I use chicken breasts to make this recipe?
Yes. You can use chicken breasts to make this recipe.