Pomfret is one of the most loved fish amongst seafood lovers, especially the fried version. Masala Pomfret Fry is an ideal dish to serve along with dal rice or curry rice. It doesn’t require much cooking time and can be made within 15 minutes. Read on to know how to make restaurant-like masala Pomfret Fry at home.
Buy Pomfret and a range of other fresh seafood options such as Fish, Prawns, Crabs, and prepare your next delicious recipe with Licious!
|Prep Time||5 minutes|
|Cook Time||10 minutes|
- 3 Whole Pomfret cleaned and gutted without head
- 1 tbsp besan
- 2-3 tbsp ginger garlic paste
- 2 tsp coriander powder
- ½ tsp turmeric powder
- 2 tsp Kashmiri red chilli powder
- ½ tsp Cumin Powder
- ½ tsp Garam masala powder
- ½ tsp Black pepper powder
- 1 tbsp Lemon Juice
- salt to taste
- Thoroughly wash the pomfret fish and make 2-3 deep slits on them. Mix the remaining ingredients to form a paste and coat the fish well. Set aside for at least 10 minutes.
- Heat oil in a pan and carefully place the fish in it once the oil is hot enough. Fry each side for about 5-6 minutes until both sides become brown and crispy. Remove and drain excess oil with the help of kitchen tissue.
- Squeeze some lemon juice on the fried pomfrets and sprinkle some chaat masala. Serve hot as is or along with roti.
For best results, add a tablespoon of tandoori masala to the marinade.
Share your version of this recipe
What ingredients do you use for making Pomfret Fry? Share your version of the recipe with us.
Frequently Asked Questions
How to make rava coated Pomfret Fry?
Before frying, take some rava or cornflour in a dish and dip the marinated fish in it. Shake off the excess and fry. You can also use rice or gram flour for coating.
What is another alternative to frying?
You can oven bake the marinated fish or air-fry it with a little bit of oil.