Prawns are one of the most popular and easiest ingredients to prepare. You can find a wide variety of delicious prawn recipes from all across the globe. From spicy prawn curries and grilled prawns, a prawn dish never fails to impress. Prawn recipes like grilled prawns, pan-fried prawns or garlic prawns are excellent options for parties or family get-togethers. Here, we share another yummy prawn recipe that you could make for any occasion. It’s a simple Bengali-style prawn cutlet recipe that you’ll love!
This Bengali-style prawn cutlet is a scrumptious recipe. It’s a perfect dish that both adults and children can enjoy. This easy prawn recipe makes for a great party starter or a healthy light meal. It has the right mix of ingredients for the perfect taste. You can adjust the spices to suit your taste buds.
Easy to prepare, this Bengali recipe is made with fresh prawns, and ground spices like garam masala and red chilli powder. The prawns are coated in a marinated mixture of onion paste, garlic paste, garam masala powder, red chilli powder, salt, and eggs. It is refrigerated for about 30 minutes and then rolled in breadcrumbs and gram flour. The coated prawns are then deep-fried till golden brown and crispy. You can serve these delicious crispy prawns with tartar sauce or any sauce of your choice. Great as a party starter dish or even a side dish, it’s a great recipe to prepare for any occasion.
So, go ahead and try this delectable prawn cutlet recipe to serve for family get-togethers, parties, or even picnics!
Buy Fresh Licious Prawns
To prepare this Bengali-style prawn cutlet recipe, we recommend our Licious giant tiger prawns that are fresh and flavoursome. These prawns are firm and have white flesh. They are moist and tender. Available peeled and deveined, you can order these delicious prawns to cook your favourite prawn dish. From curries to fried dishes and more, these prawns are ideal for preparing any type of prawn dish.
At Licious, all our seafood is sourced daily from government-approved local fishing boats and delivered fresh to your home in 24 hours! Our seafood is thoroughly cleaned and hygienically packed. Get these Tiger Prawns from the website and make this easy Bengali-style prawn cutlet recipe without hassle!
|Prep Time||30 minutes|
|Cook Time||60 minutes|
- 6 tiger prawns
- 2 tbsp Garlic paste
- 2 tsp Garam masala powder
- 1 gram cup offlour
- 3 tbsp onion paste
- 1½ tbsp red chilli powder
- 2 Eggs
- 2 cups breadcrumbs
- Salt - to taste
- In a bowl, add the onion paste, garlic paste, garam masala powder, red chilli powder, salt, and eggs. Mix the ingredients well. Add the prawns and coat them well with the mixture. Cover and keep the prawns in the refrigerator to marinate for 30 minutes.
- In another bowl, add the gram flour along with the breadcrumbs. Mix well. Remove the marinated prawns from the refrigerator and coat each prawn well with the breadcrumbs mix. Refrigerate the prawns again for 10 minutes.
- Over medium heat, place a pan and add in the oil. Once the oil is nice and hot, drop in the marinated prawns. Deep fry the prawns well on each side until they turn light brown and crispy. Once fried, remove and place on a paper towel to soak the excess oil.
- Plate and serve with sliced onions or any sauce of choice. Enjoy!
Order fresh tiger prawns from our website to cook this scrumptious Bengali-style prawn cutlet recipe at home. Be sure to take a few pictures for Instagram and tag us using #MadeWithLicious for a chance to win Licious Cash. Enjoy!