#MomChef: Thulasi Devi
Craving #MaaKaKhana? Try out this delicious recipe that’s been lovingly shared with us as part of our Mother’s Day campaign. We’re sure you’ll feel this mother’s love on your plate when you eat it. Enjoy!
What’s so special about the dish? Here’s what Sristhi has to say:
“It’s deliciously spicy. Served with hot steamed rice it is just perfect.”
- 1 big onion
- 4 ripe tomatoes
- 1 piece ginger
- 20 Pods Garlic peeled
- few coriander leaves
- 5 green chillies
- 1 Tsp Red Chili Powder
- 1 Tsp coriander powder
- 1/4 Tsp Cumin Powder
- 1 Tsp Pepper Corns
- 1 Inch Cinnamon
- 5 cloves
- Grind all the ingredients mentioned above and keep it aside.
- Heat a pressure cooker, add oil and season with curry leaves.
- Add the ground masala with salt according to taste and fry on medium heat until the oil separates.
- Add the washed mutton pieces and close the lid of the pressure cooker. Cook until the meat is soft, maybe 4-5 whistles.
- Then after you open the lid, simmer for 5 minutes.
- Garnish with chopped coriander and serve hot with rice.