Make merry this Christmas with friends, family and good food. Enjoy the festive season with our delicious Sunday Roast Chicken at home. This pre-marinated and easy to cook whole chicken is perfect for a gathering. The aromatic spice mix in oil brings out all the natural flavours of the meat and keeps it juicy. Go on and relish this classic made convenient!
Buy Sunday Roast Chicken (Whole) online on Licious. Explore our website for a range of other Licious Ready to Cook options to prepare your next delicious recipe!
Watch this video to see how you can cook our Ready-to-Cook Sunday Roast Chicken at home:
|Prep Time||10 minutes|
|Cook Time||60 minutes|
- Remove the Sunday Roast Chicken - Whole from the package and place it on a tray.
- Toss and massage the chicken to refresh the marinade.
Pressure Cooker On The Hob (Time: 50 - 60 minutes)
- This method is recommended only if you have a large, thick bottomed pressure cooker that would comfortably fit a whole chicken. If it isn’t thick bottomed, it might turn entirely black.
- Place a thick bottomed pressure cooker on a low flame. Chop an onion and two carrots into thick dices and add it to the pressure cooker. Next, add a little oil and place the chicken such that the breast side is on the vegetables. Close the pressure cooker but don’t place the weight on the lid.
- Cook over a very low flame for about 50 minutes. Once cooked, open the lid carefully and allow any moisture to fall back into the pressure cooker. Carefully remove the bird onto a serving dish and place the vegetables beside it too.
- Deglaze the pressure cooker by adding some water to it and gently scraping the surface. You’ll be left with a thick, shiny sauce that you can use to coat the chicken before serving.
Roasting in an Oven (Time: 45 - 60 minutes)
- Warm up your oven to 160℃ or Gas Mark 4. Grease a baking tray with a teaspoon of oil and place the chicken on the tray. Cover it completely with aluminium foil and place the tray in the preheated oven. Let it cook for 40-45 minutes.
- Remove the baking tray from the oven, take off the aluminium foil, and use a spoon to pour the juices that have collected on the tray over the meat. Increase the temperature of the oven to 210℃ and place the uncovered chicken back in the oven. Let it cook for 15 -20 minutes or until the skin turns golden-brown.
- Once the color is achieved and the skin becomes crispy remove the tray from the oven. Place the bird on a serving dish and once again drizzle the juices that have collected in the tray over it.
- Let the Sunday Roast Chicken - Whole rest for about 10 minutes before serving.
- Serve with the roasted vegetables and creamy mashed potatoes for a delicious Christmas spread.