#MomChef: Shefali Sarkar
Craving #MaaKaKhana? Try out this delicious recipe that’s been lovingly shared with us as part of our Mother’s Day campaign. We’re sure you’ll feel this mother’s love on your plate when you eat it. Enjoy!
What’s so special about this dish? Here’s what Supta has to say:
“This dish is cooked in lemon juice, lemon zest, and garnished with lemon leaves to give a nice citrusy aroma and refreshing taste.”
Buy Fresh Chicken Curry Cut online on Licious. Explore our website for a range of other fresh chicken options such as Chicken Drumsticks, Chicken Thighs and Curry cuts and prepare your next delicious recipe with Licious!
- 750 gms chicken
- 3 Tbsp onion paste
- 1 Tbsp ginger garlic paste
- 2 Tsp white pepper
- 4 Pieces Green Chilli
- 3 Tbsp cashew paste
- 3/4th cup refined oil
- 4 Tbsp Lemon Juice
- 1 Tsp Sugar
- 1 Tsp lemon zest
- Few Lemon-leaves for garnishing
- Salt as per taste
- Wash and clean chicken pieces thoroughly. Drain out excess water.
- In a bowl, add chicken pieces, lemon juice, 1 tsp white pepper powder, sugar, and salt. Mix well. Marinade for 20 minutes.
- Heat oil in a pan. Add ginger+garlic paste and onion paste. Saute for few seconds till raw flavour goes off. Add chicken pieces.
- Add cashew nut paste, remaining white pepper powder, green chillies and salt. Mix Well.
- Cover and cook over a low flame till chicken becomes tender.
- Add salt and lemon juice. Mix well. Cook for 2 minutes.
- Put lemon zest and lemon leaves and cover it for 5 minutes.
- Serve hot with rice or pulao