Prawns are usually found in the ocean. Usually they live up to a depth of 50 meters within rocky substrates, or under the rocks or rock crevices. Prawns are usually found in all countries and nearly all the cuisines of the world lots of prawn’s recipes. There are two kind of prawns: the Regular Sized ones and the bigger ones, called Tiger Prawns. Prawns some of the tastiest and the healthiest sources of food in the world. They are very rich in proteins yet very low in fats and calories. It makes them an ideal food for those who want to lose weight and sustain a lifestyle of health and wellness. Even though Prawns are high in Cholesterol but they are high in good cholesterol and bring down the bad cholesterol. A normal size prawn contains about 2 grams of Fat, 30 grams of proteins and about 125 mg of minerals. This ideal combination of fats and proteins make it very beneficial for the human health. Prawns are also very easy to cook as they do not require a lot of oil and spices for cooking.
1. Selenium: Prawns are rich source of Selenium which helps to prevent the growth of cancer cells in the body thus it helps in preventing cancers in the body.
2. Fatty Acids: Prawns are a rich source of Omega 3 Fatty acids which are very good for heart. It helps in widening of the lumen of the arteries by removing bad cholesterol from the inner walls. Thereby reducing the blood pressure and making the heart work less, aiding circulation in the process. Fatty acids are also helpful in fighting against diseases like Dementia and Alzheimer’s disease. They are also great for the liver.
3. Calcium: Since prawns are very rich source of calcium it is thus very good for teeth and bones.
4. Vitamin E: The abundance of Vitamin E in prawns make them a panacea for skin ailments of various kinds.
5. Vitamin B 12: Prawns are rich a source of Vitamin B 12. B 12 not only keeps the memory sharp but also improves cardiac health by enhancing the functioning of the arteries and veins.
6. Proteins: Proteins are the building blocks of the body. The Body requires proteins to not just stay healthy but also to repair any damage that to the body undergoes through the regular process of wear and tear..
7. Calories: Prawns have very less calories as compared to most other meats and thus is very good for keeping the calorie count down and loose weight.
Though we can eat prawns as much as we like but since they are rich source of cholesterol too so they should be eaten in moderation. So go ahead and pick up the most dazzling and delightful prawn stars from the Licious Catalogue.
hey … really nice tale about prawns!
Thanks. Nice to hear that. Have you tried our prawns ?