Be it casual reunions with friends or occasional family gatherings, a plate of delicious and appetizing Barbeque Chicken never disappoints. Preparing this dish may seem a task, but in reality, it is quite easy to make. Moreover, you don’t need to look for BBQ sauce in the markets, because you can make it right at home. Learn how by reading below!
Buy Boneless Chicken Breasts online on Licious. Explore our website for other fresh chicken products such as Chicken Drumsticks, Chicken Thighs and Curry cuts and prepare your next delicious recipe with Licious!
|Prep Time||15 minutes|
|Cook Time||25 minutes|
- 2 tbsp canola oil
- 2 small onions finely chopped
- 2 cups Ketchup
- ¼ cup Lemon Juice
- 2 tbsp brown sugar
- 2 tbsp water
- 1 tsp ground mustard
- ½ tsp Garlic Powder
- ¼ tsp Pepper
- ⅛ tsp salt
- ⅛ tsp hot pepper sauce
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breasts
- Extra virgin olive oil as needed
- Kosher Salt to taste
- ½ cup BBQ sauce
For barbeque sauce
For barbeque chicken
- In a saucepan, heat oil over medium heat and add the chopped onion. Sauté until it turns soft and then add brown sugar, ketchup, ground mustard, garlic powder, pepper, pepper sauce, lemon juice, salt and water. Mix well and bring it to a boil. Reduce the heat and let the sauce simmer uncovered for 10 minutes.
- Rub the chicken breasts with oil and then season them with freshly ground pepper and kosher salt. Place the seasoned chicken on the hot grill and cover with a lid. Cook for about 4-5 minutes on each side.
- Open the lid and baste the chicken breasts with the prepared sauce. Flip the chicken and apply the sauce on the other side. Cook for another 6-8 minutes on both sides or until the chicken becomes opaque and firm.
- Transfer the chicken onto a plate and cover it with an aluminium foil. Let it rest for about 5-6 minutes. This will make the chicken juicier.
Recipe Tip Preheat your grill on medium-high flames if using an outdoor grill. If you’re using the grill mode of your oven, then preheat it at 175-200°C. Share your version of this recipe Do you use store-bought sauce or make it at home? Tell us how you make barbeque chicken at home - share your recipe with us! Frequently Asked Questions What can I do to cook the chicken evenly? Pound the chicken breasts using a kitchen mallet to tenderise the meat. It makes the chicken layers thinner thereby helping it to cook evenly. Can I use the same sauce as a dip? Yes. You can use the same sauce as a dip that you used for basting. However, do not use leftover sauce after basting the chicken. Take out some sauce before using it for basting to avoid contamination.