This is the season to be jolly and make merry! What’s not to love about the holiday season, right? Cold winds, cosy sweaters, hot chocolate milk, and Christmas! This is the time when everybody comes together to celebrate and make beautiful memories. And no celebration is complete without good food that the entire family enjoys. This Christmas, learn with Licious how to make the Best Chicken Liver Pate Recipe that is tasty and healthy.
To make this recipe, you can order fresh chicken liver from Licious right from the comfort of your home. The special cuts of the chicken liver are carefully curated by experts to help you prepare your special dishes. They are tender, juicy, and fresh from chickens raised on our bio-secure farms. All our chicken cuts are antibiotic residue-free and stored in temperature-controlled conditions between 0-4°C and never frozen. This helps maintain the original texture and taste of the chicken.
So, order your Licious Chicken Liver online now. The liver is cleaned and hygienically vacuum-packed for you to use without any hassle.
What is Chicken Liver Pate?
Chicken liver pâté is a popular French dish that has been on their menus for centuries. The Chicken Liver Pate is known as Pâté de foie de volaille in French and is an absolute favourite and popular dish enjoyed by the locals on various occasions.
It is prepared by simply combining chicken liver with a variety of other ingredients to get a silky and luxurious spread. It is best enjoyed as an appetiser by adding the spread generously on crackers or crostinis. Chicken Liver Pate On Toast is also a classic combination that is loved by many for a quick and delicious snack option.
Traditionally, this classic appetizer also includes chicken offal which is common in several traditional French cooking styles.
There are many Chicken Liver Pate Benefits due to the presence of multiple vitamins such as A, D, B12, and folate. It is also rich in iron, making it no less than a superfood.
You can store Chicken Liver Pate for a week in the refrigerator by storing it in an airtight container. You can also store the pate in a freezer for 3 months by tightly wrapping it in plastic wrap followed by a layer of foil and an airtight freezer container.
Chicken Liver Pate Recipe Video
|Prep Time||10 minutes|
|Cook Time||25 minutes|
- 500 grams of Licious Liver
- ½ cup onions thinly sliced
- 4 garlic cloves
- 1 bay leaf
- 1 tsp fresh thyme leaves
- 1 tbsp salt
- ½ litre water
- ½ cup butter
- 1 tsp Freshly ground pepper
- Take a medium saucepan and add the chicken liver, onion, garlic, bay leaf, thyme, and salt.
- Add the water and bring it to a simmer. Cover the pan and reduce the flame to low. Ensure to occasionally stir the ingredients and cook for about 3 minutes.
- Turn the flame off and allow it to rest for 5 minutes, covered.
- Remove the bay leaf and transfer the liver, onion, and garlic into a food processor. Grind until it forms a coarse puree.
- With the food processor/blender on, add the butter tablespoons at a time until incorporated.
- Season with salt and pepper and blend until it is completely smooth. Scrape the pâté into 2 or 3 large ramekins.
- Press with a plastic wrap directly onto the pate’s surface. Refrigerate until firm and serve chilled.
Now that you are aware of this unique dish and also know cook and How To Serve Chicken Liver Pate at parties and more, do try the dish and tag us with a picture on Instagram using #MadeWithLicious.