#MomChef: RS Rekha
Craving #MaaKaKhana? Try out this delicious recipe that’s been lovingly shared with us as part of our Mother’s Day campaign. We’re sure you’ll feel this mother’s love on your plate when you eat it. Enjoy!
What’s so special about this dish? Here’s what Janavi has to say:
“I love prawns and I love the spicy and tangy flavour of the dish.”
Buy Fresh Prawns online on Licious. Explore our website for a range of other fresh seafood options such as Fish, Prawns and Crabs and prepare your next delicious recipe with Licious!
- 500 g prawns
- 2 tbsp oil sunflower or rice bran
- 1 tsp fennel seeds
- 2 Medium onions
- 4 medium tomatoes
- 1 tbsp Ginger and Garlic Paste
- 1 tsp turmeric powder
- 2 tsp chilli powder
- 1 tsp coriander powder
- 3 tsp pepper powder
- 1 tbsp Coconut Oil
- Few Fresh curry leaves
- salt according to taste
- Heat 2 tbsp of oil in a pan, add 1tsp of fennel seeds, then add finely chopped onions (2 medium), saute it well till it becomes transparent, add Ginger garlic paste (1 tbsp) to it.
- When the raw smell goes off add finely chopped ripe soft tomatoes (4 medium), saute it well till it becomes a paste, then add all the below spices: Turmeric powder (1tsp), Chilli powder (2 tsp), Coriander powder (1tsp), Pepper powder (3tsp), Salt (according to the taste). Saute it well.
- Add cleaned prawns (500gms) to it. Don't cook the prawns for more than 2 -3 mins otherwise it will become hard.
- In a separate small kadai heat 1 tbsp of coconut oil and add fresh curry leaves to it, and then add this seasoning to the curry. Your PRAWNS TOKKU IS READY! You can have it with dosa, appam, malabar parotta, roti, poori and rice. Enjoy.