The Lemon Garlic Herb Fried Sea Bass recipe is a great way to eat the Sea Bass fillet. It’s packed with flavor. The fish will only take about 3-4 minutes to cook on each side if you are using thin fillet. Start this recipe by ordering the freshest fish from Licious! Passing over 150+ quality and safety checks before it reaches your doorstep, we ensure the fish is fresh making it the perfect choice for your recipes!
Buy Sea bass fillet online on Licious. Explore our website for a range of other Licious Seafood options to prepare your next delicious recipe with Licious!
- 3 tbsp butter
- 1 tbsp Extra virgin olive oil
- Sea bass fillet
- 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- Salt as per taste
- 1/2 tsp black pepper plus
- 2 cloves garlic minced
- 1/4 cup dry white wine such as sauvignon blanc
- 1/2 cup chicken stock/broth or water in a pinch
- juice of one lemon about 2 tablespoons
- 1 tbsp fresh oregano roughly chopped
- 1 tbsp fresh thyme roughly chopped
- 1 tbsp fresh parsley roughly chopped
- In a dish, mix together the flour (1/4 cup), salt (1 teaspoon), and black pepper (1/2 teaspoon).
- Coat each piece of fish in the flour mixture
- In a large pan, melt 1 tablespoon of the butter and add the olive oil (1 tablespoon)
- Cook the fish for 3-4 minutes on each side, until golden brown and fully cooked
- Remove fish from the pan to a plate
- Turn down the heat to low. Add the white wine (1/4 cup) to the pan to deglaze, stirring up any browned bits. Continue heating until almost all the wine has evaporated.
- Add one more tablespoon of butter to the skillet.
- Once melted, add the minced garlic (2 cloves) and fresh herbs (1 tablespoon each of oregano, thyme, and parsley) to the pan and sauté for 30 seconds.
- Add the chicken broth (1/2 cup) and bring to a simmer.
- Turn off heat and stir in remaining 1 tablespoon butter and lemon juice (about 2 tablespoons).
- Serve sauce on top of fish.