Family lunches and dinners are a great way to try new dishes and ingredients. If you have not yet tried it, Basa is one such ingredient. Basa Fish Dishes Indian Style are quite popular around the country. The taste of this fish is mild; therefore, if you aren’t a fan of strong, fishy flavours, basa is a great choice. Today, we have a simple yet delicious recipe for spicy pan-fried basa that you’ll love. First, let’s look at how you can get fresh basa home-delivered.
At Licious, our fish & seafood is sourced from approved local fishing boats and is from the day’s catch. All our products are passed through 150+ safety & quality checks, cut & cleaned by experts and hygienically vacuum packed. The fish will arrive ready for use straight out of the pack. Additionally, our products are never frozen. Instead, they are temperature controlled between 0 and 4°C to maintain freshness. Choose from Basa Fry Cut, Finger Cut Fillet and more.
What is Basa Fish?
The basa fish is a variety of fish enjoyed by the people of India and Southeast Asia. It is a type of catfish from the Pangasiidae family and is known by several names, including river cobbler, Vietnamese cobbler and swai in other countries.
Basa is rich in essential nutrients, making it pretty popular among health enthusiasts and fish lovers. The fish can be prepared in many ways, including curry, deep-fried, pan-fried and steamed.
While you enjoy every bite of healthy basa fish recipes, you also gain a number of health benefits. Some of these include:
- Basa fish is low in calories.
- Like many types of white fish, basa fish is a good source of high-quality protein.
- This fish also contains Omega-3 fatty acids that are crucial to maintaining physical and mental health.
- Basa fish is also known for its DHA (docosahexaenoic acid) content, which is essential for improving brain health.
Now let’s look at how you can make spicy pan-fried basa.
|Prep Time||10 minutes|
|Cook Time||15 minutes|
- 500 grams of Licious Basa Fry Cut
- 1- inch ginger paste
- 5 cloves garlic paste
- 2 tbsp chilli powder
- ½ tsp garam masala
- 4 tbsp Coconut Oil or any choice of oil
- 8-9 Curry leaves
- ½ tsp Mustard Seeds
- Salt as per taste
- Lemon Juice
- onion Chopped as per choice
- Tomatoes Chopped as per choice
- cucumber Chopped as per choice
- Take a bowl and add the fish pieces along with ginger and garlic pastes, chilli powder and garam masala. Mix them well and set them aside to marinate for 30 minutes.
- Take a pan and add the coconut oil.
- Once the oil is hot, add mustard seeds and curry leaves. Allow them to splutter.
- Add salt to the marinated fish and mix well. Carefully add the pieces to the oil one by one and roast them till they get a nice dark brown colour.
- Ensure the fish pieces are cooked properly on each side.
- Garnish with lemon juice on top and onions, cucumber and tomatoes on the sides (if you wish to).
- Serve hot!
This is one of the best easy and healthy basa fish recipes to try at home. If you make it, share a picture by tagging us on Instagram using #MadeWithLicious.
Remember, this is not deep fried, and you can use a lesser amount of oil when you pan-fry the fish. Enjoy this comforting Seafood Recipe With Basa Fish. Place an order with us for Licious Basa Fry Cut and cook your favourite fish recipe today.