#MomChef: Kaberi Dey
Craving #MaaKaKhana? Try out this delicious recipe that’s been lovingly shared with us as part of our Mother’s Day campaign. We’re sure you’ll feel this mother’s love on your plate when you eat it. Enjoy!
What’s so special about this dish? Here’s what Sumana has to say:
“I love prawns in all forms so ma’s recipe of prawns had to be my favourite.”
Buy Fresh Prawns online on Licious. Explore our website for a range of other fresh seafood options such as Fish, Prawns and Crabs and prepare your next delicious recipe with Licious!
- 500 g fresh prawns medium
- 2/3 tbsp Mustard Oil
- 200 ml coconut milk
- 1 medium onion ground to paste
- 2 tsp ginger garlic paste
- Green chili paste to taste
- 1/2 tsp turmeric powder
- 2 tsp red chilli powder Kashmiri mirch variety
- Salt - to taste
- 1 tej patta
- 2-3 cardamoms green
- 5-7 black pepper corns
- 1 stick cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp homemade garam masala made with cardamom-cinnamon-peppercorn-cloves
- 2 tsp Sugar
- Marinate chingri in haldi, salt, red chilli powder for 15-20 mins.
- Fry chingri separately first in mustard oil after heating the oil well.
- Fry Tej patta, cardamom, clove, black pepper, cinnamon in that oil. Add Onion paste. Add Ginger garlic paste. Add Green chili paste. Add salt, dhania powder , black pepper, garam masala.
- Let the mix become brown. Add the chingri and mix. Add coconut milk and mix. Add water and sugar. Keep stirring until gravy thickens slightly then let it cool and serve.