Some days we all like to savour something delicious and different and for such days, you ought to make dishes that leave everyone remembering it for a while. And Tamatar Gosht is exactly the dish for such a day. A delicious mutton curry with a strong punch of tomato and spice flavours, this dish will leave everyone licking their fingers and asking for more. To learn all about this dish and its recipe, keep reading.
With Indian chicken recipes, you can achieve further benefits from spices that help with digestion and immunity. One such recipe, Khoya Chicken, is creamy, spicy, and high in calcium.
The secret to making a mutton curry dish is to use fresh mutton or lamb meat that comes straight from the farm and in the right cut. To make a Mutton Gosht Ki Recipe in particular, the lamb curry cut is the perfect cut to try which comes with an assorted mix of bone and boneless pieces of the neck, ribs, thighs, and more. Licious lamb meat is naturally tender and doesn’t require much seasoning to achieve that satisfying meaty flavour.
At Licious, we make cooking your favourite mutton and lamb recipes convenient and hassle-free. Licious lamb meats are tender, full of flavour and come with the right amount of fat. Cut and cleaned by experts, our lamb meats are sourced directly from government-approved partners. Subsequently, they are passed through 150+ quality checks to assure quality and safety. The meats are temperature-controlled at 0-4 degree Celsius and never frozen. So, order your Licious Lamb Curry Cut, which is hygienically packed and vacuum-sealed before being delivered to your doorstep.
Tamatar Gosht Recipe – What do you know about Tomato Gosht?
There are scores of mutton dishes known for their rich and powerful flavours. However, a Tomato Gosht Recipe is a humble mutton dish with a generous taste of tomatoes and a few varieties of spices. This delectable dish needs to be seasoned with perfection and makes for the perfect main course paired with naan, chapatti, jeera rice, and more.
How to Make Tamatar Gosht Recipe – Tamatar Gosht Banane Ka Tarika
To make a Tamatar Gosht dish, you require tomatoes and tender lamb meat along with other usual ingredients that are readily available. As lamb meat can be both firm and tender, as compared to other meats, it needs to be slow-cooked to get the best results. You can then serve it garnished with chopped coriander leaves or other herbs of choice hot with your choice of bread and/or rice.
Here’s what you need to know to make the rich, authentic, and scrumptious Tamatar Gosht Recipe at home:
|Prep Time||30 minutes|
|Cook Time||60 minutes|
- 1 kg of Licious Lamb Curry Cut
- 3 Medium onions finely sliced
- 8 Tomatoes chopped
- 3 tbsp ginger garlic paste
- 2 green chillies slit
- 1- inch cinnamon stick
- 2 cardamoms
- 2 cloves
- 2 tsp Coriander Seeds
- 4 Whole dry red chillies
- 1 tsp shahi jeera
- 1 tsp Cumin seeds
- 1 bay leaf
- 4 tbsp oil
- Salt as per taste
- Coriander leaves
- Gosht ka Salan - Step-by-step guide for tomato Gosht Recipe:
- Heat a pan and add cinnamon sticks, cardamoms, cloves, coriander seeds, whole dry red chillies, shahi jeera, and cumin seeds. Roast for about 3-5 minutes and allow to cool. Grind the spices into a fine powder.
- In a pressure cooker, add oil and allow to heat.
- Add the green chillies, bay leaf, and onions. Fry till the onions turn golden brown.
- Add ginger garlic paste followed by lamb pieces. Keep stirring and cook till the water from the meat dries up.
- Add tomatoes, spice powder, salt, and a cup of water. Stir them all properly and cover the pressure cooker with its lid.
- Cook for 3 whistles and after the steam is released, open lid to check if the meat is cooked. Put another whistle if required.
- Once cooked, allow the meat to cook on low flame till oil starts to float above.
- Garnish with fresh coriander leaves and serve hot.
Tamatar Gosht is an absolutely easy and delicious mutton curry recipe that can be made at home for lunch or dinner. The slightly tangy, spicy, and tender meat cooked with tomatoes is worth a try, at least for every lamb/mutton lover. To make this recipe, order your Lamb Curry Cut from Licious and get them delivered to your doorstep.