Chicken curry is one of the most loved delicacies in India. The spicy, juicy, tender and tangy flavours that burst in the mouth in every bite make chicken curries a favourite of many. Additionally, as the chicken comes packed with the goodness of protein and other nutrients, it positions itself among the healthy food categories for many people.
With Indian chicken recipes, you can achieve further benefits from spices that help with digestion and immunity. One such recipe, Khoya Chicken, is creamy, spicy, and high in calcium.
To make a Chicken with Khoya, you can get curry cut pieces that go perfectly well with this royal dish. At Licious, we make cooking your favourite chicken recipes healthy as well as convenient. Our wide variety of chicken cuts, including curry cuts, suits most Indian chicken recipes.
Our chicken is raised in restricted bio-security zones and is 100% vegetarian-fed. They’re antibiotic residue and hormones free. All our meats & seafood undergo 150+ quality and food safety checks before being hygienically vacuum-packed and delivered to your home.
So, order your Licious Chicken Curry Cut online to make your Chicken Curry Recipe with Khoya.
What’s so Unique About Khoya Chicken, Padampuri Murg Recipe?
India is known for its plethora of sweetmeats. Khoya, in particular, is used to make a variety of sweetmeats. Made from thickened milk with its water content removed, it offers a creamy and crumbly texture that sets it apart from other ingredients used to make sweetmeats.
But why is a sweetmeat ingredient being used in an Indian chicken curry recipe, you ask?
It is the Mughal empire in India that introduced this ingredient in meats and other dishes.
Like heavy creams, yoghurt and coconut milk used in dishes, khoya doesn’t subdue the flavours of the meats once cooked. Instead, it offers a rich and milky texture which is pretty awesome.
Also spelt as khoa, this milk product is also popularly used in other South Asian cuisines like Pakistani, Bangladeshi and Nepali.
Khoya is sourced from cow and buffalo milk and has a pale yellow or white colour.
|Prep Time||30 minutes|
|Cook Time||60 minutes|
- 1 kg Licious Chicken Curry Cut
- 200 grams khoya
- Two large onions chopped
- tsp ½ginger paste
- tsp ½garlic paste
- Five garlic cloves
- cup Oneyoghurt
- Six dry red chillies
- 1 tsp ½coriander seeds
- 1 tsp fennel seeds
- tsp ½black cumin
- Eight cloves
- 1- inch cinnamon stick
- cup ½ghee
- Salt as required
- Heat a pan and add red chillies, coriander seeds, fennel seeds and black cumin. Saute on low heat for about 2-3 minutes and allow to cool.
- Add them in a mixer grinder with ½ tsp salt and grind them into a coarse powder.
- Add chicken with the ground powder, khoya, and yoghurt in a bowl. Mix them and set them aside to marinate for at least 1 hour.
- Heat a pan and add ghee.
- Add cloves and cinnamon sticks followed by onions. Saute till the onions turn translucent.
- Add ginger and garlic paste and cook for about 5 minutes as you saute regularly.
- Add crushed garlic and saute for a minute.
- Put the marinated chicken and cook on a medium flame for 5 minutes.
- Add ½ cup water and mix them well.
- Allow the chicken to cook for half an hour on low flame with the lid closed.
- Garnish with pistachio, almonds and cashew if desired.
- Serve hot with naan, chapati or steamed rice.
Try the best chicken recipes you learned and tag us with a picture on Instagram using #MadeWithLicious.