Baked Caprese chicken may sound exotic, but you don’t need to go to a fancy restaurant and pay a fortune to enjoy it. You can concoct this delectable dish in the comfort of your kitchen. For starters, baked Caprese chicken is tender chicken smeared in basil, mozzarella, and tomato, baked to perfection in a balsamic reduction. Sounds complex? Trust us; the complexity is what makes this dish uniquely tasteful and something your friends will keep coming to you for!
This delicious recipe is said to have originated in Italy. Fun fact? Baked chicken Caprese finds its roots in the famous Italian Caprese salad made from slices of fresh mozzarella slices, tomatoes, sweet basil, and olive oil. Baked Caprese chicken was the ingenious by-product of this recipe. Once you taste this dish, you will know what we mean!
What’s needed Baked Chicken Caprese?
Cooking is a lot more than tossing the ingredients into a pan. It’s about getting the right ingredients, breathing in the texture and aroma of herbs and cooking them to perfection. It has to come from the heart. The hero of this dish is chicken breasts. For finger-licking food, choose tender, boneless chicken breasts. Licious chicken breasts are a meatier cut of the chicken. As this chicken cut is skinless, the texture is tender and supple. Chicken has abundant nutrients and makes a significant inclusion in protein-rich diets.
You can rub your favourite spice mix to the breast and slow-cook, grill or bake, depending on the recipe. Our chickens are reared holistically, so you know they are safe.
|Prep Time||30 minutes|
|Cook Time||50 minutes|
- Four pieces of Licious Chicken Breasts cut into halves
- ½ cup vinegar and oil dressing divided
- salt and ground pepper as needed
- A bunch of fresh basil thinly sliced
- Around two cups of tomatoes halved
- 230 to 250 gms fresh mozzarella cheese sliced
- Preheat the oven to 190°C.
- Pour the dressing into your mixing bowl [around a ¼ cup].
- Arrange your Licious chicken breasts evenly in a grill pan. Make sure to brush both sides of the breasts with dressing and season with salt and pepper.
- Pour the remaining ¼ cup of the vinegar and olive oil dressing into a mixing bowl. Toss in the tomatoes and the basil. Next, spread the tomato and basil mixture evenly around the chicken.
- Bake your chicken breasts in the preheated oven for around 20 minutes. Remove your chicken from the oven and top it with the mozzarella evenly. Put your pan back in the range.
- Bake until the mozzarella cheese is bubbly golden brown, which should take about ten minutes. We suggest using an instant thermometer to make sure it’s cooked. A temperature reading of 165 °F or 74 °C in the centre should mean it's done. And hey, let it cool a little bit before you take a bite!
As you can see, this delicious recipe isn’t hard to make. And, why wait to make it for your guests? You can whip up this recipe any day of the week. This healthy baked chicken is just what your family needs!
While food is so important for our health and existence, why not cook it with quality ingredients? So, whenever you are deciding to cook the backed Caprese chicken, remember to order Licious chicken breasts in time using Licious online for home delivery.
Additionally, you can check out the Licious range of products and more chicken recipes to cook for that special party you're planning. Also, after you prepare this recipe and stun your guests and family with its wholesome flavours, don't forget to upload its picture on Instagram, tagging us with #MadeWithLicious!