Barbecue is an old culinary tradition where meat, fish or chicken is cooked on low flame through indirect heat. Although it is a time-consuming process, the results are worth the wait. The smoky flavours with the punch of spices and tenderness of the meat make an incredible combination. Barbecue fish is cooked, grilled or smoked with a mix of spices and vegetables. In addition, the fantastic combination of barbecued fish with onion rings, coriander, and mint chutney can truly satiate your hunger pangs. Served as an appetiser, the barbecue fish is a great addition to your meals and enough to spice up your weekends. But before you dive into the barbecue fish recipe, let us give you a sneak peek at the evolution of barbecue and barbecue fish recipes.
What is Barbecue Fish?
When the Spanish conquistadors came to the Americas, they noticed that the indigenous people used to preserve chicken or meat in the sun. It led to the foundation of the barbecue method. Today, chefs worldwide perform this method to serve the most delicious food on a platter.
The Atlantic, the Gulf, Texas, and Kansas City in the United States are known as the Barbecue Belt. In India, barbecues are known as tandoors. Today, it is a popular technique for preparing both vegetarian and non-vegetarian dishes. This unique cooking method makes the non-vegetarian food item, in this case, fish, juicy and tender.
Licious Reef Cod Boneless Cubes
At Licious, we deliver fresh reef cod boneless fish cubes right to your doorstep. It is one of the most popular whitefishes in India. High in protein, this fish is ideal for grilling, boiling, and frying, among others. Our fishes are sourced from government-approved fishing boats. The fish is washed thoroughly with RO water and then cut to precision by our experts. It is free from added chemicals and temperature controlled to maintain freshness.
If you are looking for fresh reef cod fish, order from our website by tapping the link below!
|Prep Time||15 minutes|
|Cook Time||20 minutes|
- Licious Reef Cod Boneless Cubes
- 2 garlic cloves
- 1 large green chilli
- 2 tbsp Cooking oil
- 2 tbsp Lemon Juice
- ½ tsp ajwain powder
- 1 tbsp coriander powder
- 1 tsp Cumin Powder
- ½ tsp red chilli powder
- Salt - to taste
- Add green chilli, oil, garlic cloves, and lemon juice in a blender to make a paste.
- In a large bowl, add the fish cubes. Add all ingredients, such as 1 tbsp coriander powder, 1 tsp cumin powder, ½ tsp red chilli powder, salt to taste, and ½ tsp carom powder to marinate. Combine everything well and let it rest for 1-2 hours.
- Skewer the fish cubes on metal or wooden skewers. If you're using wooden skewers soak them in water first to prevent them from burning. for added texture, add vegetables of your choice too.
- Place the skewers on the barbeque. Grill them on low flame for 10-15 minutes. Once the fish is ready and grilled, remove the skewers.
- Serve the dish hot with mint chutney and a dip of your choice.
If you liked this recipe, try your hand at the barbecue fish recipe at home and surprise your friends and family members. Share your pictures with us on Instagram using #MadeWithLicious!