The joy of eating a good BBQ Chicken Pizza is unparalleled. Cooked chicken on a crispy pizza base with loads of cheese, red onion and barbeque sauce is a treat for a food lover’s soul. Here we share a quick BBQ Chicken Pizza recipe that you can make at home. Check out the recipe below.
Buy Chicken Breasts-Boneless online on Licious. Explore our website for a range of other fresh chicken options such as Chicken Drumsticks, Chicken Thighs and Curry cuts and prepare your next delicious recipe with Licious!
|Prep Time||15 minutes|
|Cook Time||35 minutes|
- olive oil
- 450 gm pizza dough divided into 2 pieces and refrigerated
- 2 cup chicken cooked shredded
- ¾ cup barbecue sauce divided
- 1 cup mozzarella shredded
- 1 red onion thinly sliced, medium
- ⅓ cup gouda shredded
- red pepper flakes Pinch crushed
- 2 tbsp Cilantro freshly chopped
- Preheat the oven at 500-degree Celsius. Take a baking sheet and line it with parchment paper. Grease the sheet with olive oil. Spray the counter with some flour and knead the pizza dough into a circle. Slide the dough onto the baking sheet.
- Spread ¼ cup BBQ Sauce onto the dough. Leave 1 inch around the edge bare. Then add the shredded chicken and spread in an even layer. Add mozzarella cheese as per preference. Then add red onions. For the final layer, add the gouda and sprinkle some red pepper flakes.
- Place the baking sheet inside the oven and bake until the dough is cooked through and the cheese has melted. This will take about 20-25 minutes. Garnish with chopped cilantro and serve.
You can also make individual mini pizzas by rolling the dough in 2-3 small circles.
Share your version of this recipe
How do you make BBQ chicken pizza at home? Share your version with us! Check out our homemade BBQ sauce recipe here.
Frequently Asked Questions
Can I use a pre-baked pizza crust for this recipe?
Yes. You can use a pre-baked pizza crust for this recipe. You can top the pizza with the ingredients in Step 2. Then you can preheat the oven at 175-degrees Celsius and bake the pizza for 10-15 minutes until the cheese has melted and is bubbly.
Can I add more toppings of my choice?
Yes. You can add more toppings such as pepperoncini peppers, jalapenos, bell peppers, tomatoes etc.