Straight from Dilwalo ki Dilli, this hearty dish is our way of tipping our hats to the traditional Delhi style Kalimiri Chicken. Dive into the classic flavours of India’s (food) capital, with our Ready to Cook Kalimiri Chicken that’s seasoned with one of the finest spices, pepper.
Try something new from our delicious Ready to Cook range!
Buy Kalimiri Chicken online on Licious. Explore our website for a range of other Licious Chicken options to prepare your next delicious recipe with Licious!
- Remove the Kalimiri Chicken from the package and place it in a bowl.
- Toss and massage the chicken to refresh the marinade.
Pan-fry On The Hob (Time: 10 - 15 minutes)
- Heat a teaspoon of oil in a non-stick frying pan. Spread out the pieces of chicken on the surface of the pan let them sear on both sides, flipping occasionally.
- Sprinkle water into the pan occasionally to retain the moisture, and put a lid on so the moisture doesn’t escape.
- When the chicken is cooked, remove it on a plate and then deglaze the pan by adding some water to it and gently scraping the surface. You’ll be left with a thick, shiny sauce that you can use to coat the pieces of chicken before serving.
Baking in an Oven (Time: 20 - 25 minutes)
- Preheat your oven to 180℃. While it’s heating, heat a teaspoon of oil in a non-stick frying pan. Spread out the pieces of chicken on the surface of the pan and let them sear on both sides, flipping occasionally.
- Once seared, transfer the chicken onto a baking tray. Place it in the oven to cook for 10-15 minutes.
- Remove the cooked chicken on a plate and deglaze the baking tray by sprinkling some water on it and gently scraping the surface. You’ll be left with a thick, shiny sauce that you can use to coat the chicken before serving.
Grill Method (Time: 20 - 25 minutes)
- Light up your barbecue grill. Place the chicken on the hot grills and let them brown on both sides, flipping them occasionally. As is the case with most grilled meats, it will turn out slightly drier than the hob method.
- Let the Kalimiri Chicken rest for a few minutes once cooked.
- Serve hot with mint chutney, roomali rotis, cucumbers and onion rings.