Asian food has some great options for seafood lovers. There are varieties of recipes that can be made easily at home, with products that are easily available online. Korean Fish Cakes is one such recipe which we will discuss here in detail.
What is a Korean Fish Cake?
A Korean Fish Cake is a combination of minced fish fillets mixed with vegetables and seasonings. It is a quick snack and also a side dish in authentic Korean cuisine.
Read more about this dish and check out the recipe below.
Order seafood from Licious
The prawns that you need for this recipe should be cleaned and deveined. Similarly, the squid should also be skinless. If you get these from the market, the process of cleaning and shelling prawns needs to be done carefully. From the squid, only the body is used, so the legs and head need to be removed and the skin has to be taken out.
Buy Reef Cod, Squid Rings and Freshwater Prawns online on Licious. Explore our website for a range of other fresh seafood options such as Fish, Prawns and Crabs and prepare your next delicious recipe with Licious!
|Prep Time||12 minutes|
|Cook Time||15 minutes|
- 80 gm Cod cubes boneless skinless
- 50 gm squid rings
- 30 gm shelled prawns
- 1 large yellow onion peeled & rinsed
- 1 large carrot rinsed & peeled
- 1 large red capsicum rinsed & seeds removed
- 5 gm chives rinsed & stalks chopped in index finger length
- 1 egg white
- 1 tsp rice wine
- 1 tsp white sugar
- 1 tsp fine salt
- 1 tbsp potato starch
- 1 tbsp all-purpose flour
- oil for deep frying
- Wash the fish cubes, squid rings and prawns separately under cold water. Pat them dry. Take a blender and add the fish cubes, squid rings and prawns to it. Grind them finely and transfer the minced mixture to a bowl.
- In the same blender, add the onions, capsicum, carrots and chives. Blend them finely and add them to the mixing bowl.
- In the mixing bowl that contains the seafood and vegetable blend, add the egg white, rice wine, sugar, salt, starch and flour. Give the ingredients a good mix.
- Scoop 1 tablespoon of the blended mix and shape it into a ball. Make as many balls as required from the mix. Place the fish balls on a plate lined with parchment paper. Take a wok or deep saucepan and heat some vegetable oil in it on high flame. Once hot, lower the flame and add some fish cake balls. Deep fry them until they are cooked. The outer crust should turn crispy and the inside should be soft and tender. Serve with tomato ketchup and relish!
Recipe Tip You can make this Korean Fish Cake recipe with any white fish available near you. Share your version of this recipe How do you make Fish Cakes at home? Share your version with us! Frequently Asked Questions Can I increase/decrease the seafood ratio? Yes. You can increase or decrease the amount of fish-squid-prawn ratio as per your liking. Can I store fried Korean Fish Cakes? Yes. You can refrigerate and store the fried Korean Fish Cakes.