If you’re hosting a get-together, you need to add this Butter Garlic Prawn recipe to your menu! It’s fast, delicious and a crowd-pleaser.
Butter and garlic are hands down one of the best flavour combinations that exist. The aroma of rich butter mixed in with fresh garlic is like none other. Add our fresh, juicy prawns to this mix and you have a dish that’s absolutely delicious!
Ready in just a few minutes, this dish can turn your whole meal around. It can be eaten as-is for a snack or served as a side dish with dal rice or over pasta. This is a recipe that everyone should know. It is so easy to cook and a great option to whip up a delicious dish when you’re working late or when you don’t have much time to cook.
This recipe is simple, easy to cook and delicious. Get started by ordering fresh prawns only from Licious. We deshell, devein and then clean the prawns with RO water.
Can You Cook Butter Garlic Prawns With Olive Oil Instead Of Butter?
Yes, olive oil is a great substitute for butter if you are looking for something healthier with less fat. The taste of the dish will be lighter and still delicious.
What Prawns Can You Use To Cook Butter Garlic Prawns?
Freshwater prawns are a great pick to make Butter Garlic Prawns. They are sweet and crunchy which makes them a perfect blend to elevate the flavour of your dish.
If you are wondering where to get freshwater prawns, think no further.
Order Freshwater Prawns online from Licious. The prawns we serve are packed fresh and delivered fresh to your door in 90 minutes. We deshell, devein and clean the prawns with RO water.
Cook up your Butter Garlic Prawns with fresh prawns from Licious. Let us know how your dish turned out to be in the comments below. If you post your recipe on social media, hashtag us at #MadeWithLicious. We’d love to see your delicious creations.
- Melt 2 tablespoon butter in a large skillet over a medium flame.
- Add the garlic and cook until golden brown and fragrant.
- Add the prawns and give it a good stir.
- As the prawns are getting fried, add salt and chilli to taste.
- Let it cook for 2 minutes on one side and stir occasionally.
- Flip and cook for 2 minutes on the other side until the prawns just begin to turn into a shade of pink.
- Season with chilli flakes and salt.
- Drizzle lemon juice and toss well.
- Cook on a low flame until the prawns have cooked. Make sure to not overcook them.
- Turn off the flame and taste test the dish. Add more lemon juice, salt or pepper, if needed.
- Garnish with freshly chopped parsley and serve hot with ghee rice or a creamy pasta.