Eggs are one of the most important ingredients when it comes to baking cakes. However, there are plenty of simple Egg Cake recipes that you can try making at home. From elaborate birthday cakes to sponge cakes, the list is endless. However, here we share a classic Egg Cake recipe that is made with minimal ingredients and the result can be consumed in a variety of ways. Here is the recipe for Egg Vanilla Pound Cake. A Pound Cake is your classic bread-loaf looking cake which you then cut into slices and relish it with sweet fruit sauces or jams. Check it out!
Buy Classic Eggs online on Licious. Explore our website for fresh eggs such as country eggs, classic eggs and Brown eggs to prepare your next delicious recipe with Licious!
|Prep Time||15 minutes|
|Cook Time||90 minutes|
- ⅔ cup butter room temperature
- 1 cup Sugar granulated
- 2 Eggs room temperature
- 2 cups all-purpose flour divided
- ¾ tsp Baking Powder
- ¾ tsp salt
- ⅔ cup whole milk
- 1 tsp pure vanilla extract
- Pre-heat the oven at 160-degree Celsius. Take a bread loaf pan. Grease it with butter on all sides. Then add a tablespoon of all-purpose flour. Gently shake the pan to coat the bottom and the sides.
- Take a mixing bowl and add the butter pieces to it. Make sure you cut the butter into small pieces. Then add the sugar. With the help of an electric mixer, cream the butter and sugar on medium-high speed. Cream for about 5 to 7 minutes until the mixture is light and fluffy.
- Take another bowl. Add the all-purpose flour, baking powder and salt. Mix thoroughly and set aside.
- Scrape the batter to the pan. Make sure to spread it evenly. Place the pan in the oven and bake it for 1 hour and 15 minutes. Test it with a wooden pick. Insert it in the centre of the cake, if the pick comes out clean then the cake is ready. Cut into slices and serve.
Recipe Tip If you want to bring the eggs to room temperature, then put them in a bowl of hot water. Leave them for about 5 minutes. Share your version of this recipe How do you make egg cakes at home? If you have tried making this Pound Cake recipe then do share your version with us! Frequently Asked Questions Can I use brown sugar in this recipe instead of granulated sugar? Yes. You can add brown sugar and make this into a Brown Sugar Pound Cake. What kinds of glazes can I use on this bread? You can make a lemon zest glaze. In fact, you can replace the vanilla extract in the cake with 1 teaspoon of lemon extract. To make the glaze, take a small saucepan and combine ¼ cup granulated sugar, ¼ cup of water, 1 teaspoon of lemon zest and 3 tablespoons of lemon juice. Bring the mixture to simmer until the sugar has dissolved. Brush it on top of the bread and serve. This makes it into a Lemon Pound Cake.