Everybody loves to munch on some crispy and juicy chicken bites. Fried chicken is an all-time favourite for many. However, here we share a baked chicken recipe that is as crunchy and delicious as fried chicken. Panko Chicken uses Panko breadcrumbs for coating the chicken pieces. This makes it light in taste and texture as compared to deep-fried traditional chicken recipe. Due to its low-fat content, this can also be an ideal addition to your diet. Check out how to make Panko Chicken below.
Buy Chicken Thighs online on Licious. Explore our website for a range of other fresh chicken options such as Chicken Drumsticks, Chicken Thighs and Curry cuts and prepare your next delicious recipe with Licious!
|Prep Time||20 minutes|
|Cook Time||50 minutes|
- 8 bone-in chicken thighs about 3.5 kg
- ¾ tsp salt
- ¼ tsp black pepper freshly ground
- 5 tbsp Melted butter
- 3 tbsp Mustard paste
- 2 tsp maple syrup or honey
- ¼ tsp Garlic Powder
- 1¼ cups Panko breadcrumbs
- ¼ cup Parmesan Cheese grated
- ½ tsp Paprika
- 2 tsp dried parsley flakes
- Pre-heat the oven at 200-degree Celsius. Take the baking pan and line it with the foil. Grease the pan with oil or cooking spray.
- Wash the chicken thighs and drain the excess water. Pat them dry and remove any excess fat. Sprinkle them lightly with salt and pepper.
- In a small bowl, add the melted butter. To it, add mustard, maple syrup or honey, and garlic powder. Mix well. Set it aside.
- Take another bowl and add Panko breadcrumbs to it. Then add Parmesan cheese, paprika, salt, pepper and parsley. Mix the ingredients.
- Take a chicken thigh and brush it all over with the butter-mustard mixture. Then place it into the breadcrumb bowl and press it on all sides. Make sure it is coated well. Coat all the chicken thighs this way.
- Set all the coated thighs in the baking pan. Bake them for 40-50 minutes. The internal temperature of the chicken should be 73-75 degree Celsius. When the juices run clear after piercing with a fork, the chicken is cooked well.
If you want the recipe to be spicier, then you can add a dash of cayenne pepper to the panko crumb mixture.
Share your version of this recipe
How do you make Panko Chicken at home? What ingredients do you use to season the panko crumb mixture? Share your version with us!
Frequently Asked Questions
Which other cuts of Chicken can I use to make Panko Chicken?
You can use chicken breasts, whole chicken legs or drumsticks to make Panko Chicken.
What ingredient can I use if honey or maple syrup is not available?
You can use cane syrup or any other fruit reserves.