Lemon Chicken is a quick and straightforward dish to make at home. You can make it with minimal ingredients that can give you maximum flavours. Tangy, spicy and hot this dish is a clear winner on the dinner table. Here we share a Lemon Chicken recipe which is first pan-seared and then oven-baked to give you juicy and succulent bites of crispy chicken.
|Prep Time||10 minutes|
|Cook Time||35 minutes|
- 6-8 chicken thighs skin-on or bone-in
- 1 tsp salt
- ½ tsp black pepper
- 2 tsp olive oil divided
- 1½ tbsp garlic minced or crushed
- ¼ cup Lemon Juice
- ¼ cup Chicken Stock
- 2 tsp Dried Oregano
- 1 tsp Dried Thyme
- 1 tbsp Parsley fresh chopped
- Season the chicken with salt and pepper. Then take an oven-proof pan and add oil to it. Place the chicken pieces skin-down and let them cook for 8 minutes. Once the skin turns crispy and golden brown, flip the pieces and cook the other side.
- You can transfer the pieces to a plate. In the same pan, add garlic pieces and sauté it in the juices until fragrant. Then add the lemon juice and stock. Then add the herbs.
- Add the pieces back into the pan. Transfer the pan to the oven. Roast the chicken at 220-degree Celsius for 15 to 20 minutes.
- Remove the chicken from the oven and let it rest for a few minutes. Garnish with parsley and serve hot.
Instead of chicken stock, you can also use dry white wine for seasoning in this recipe.
Share your version of this recipe
How do you cook Lemon Chicken at home? Do share your version with us!
Frequently Asked Questions
What can I do of the juices in the pan?
You can baste the chicken with the juice when you are serving them.
Should I add the ingredients above the pieces?
No. Add the ingredients such as garlic and herbs at the base of the pan without touching the skin. This will help the pieces retain their crispiness.