A little sweet and a little spicy, isn’t that the perfect balance? That’s what Honey Mustard Chicken is all about. Juicy, tender chicken marinated in sweet honey and a creamy mustard sauce. It is baked until it achieves the heavenly golden brown colour.
If you’re in the mood to step into the kitchen but confused about what to cook, try this recipe. It’s really easy to put together and you probably already have these ingredients in your kitchen!
What Is Honey Mustard Chicken?
As the name suggests, it is a dish that’s flavored with the unique taste of mustard and the sweetness of honey and other seasonal ingredients and herbs. If you love this dish but can’t be bothered to cook, give the Licious Honey Mustard Chicken Spreads a try!
What Kind Of Cuts Are Best Suited For Honey Mustard Chicken?
To get a wholesome flavorful taste, boneless chicken is your best option. You can opt for chicken thighs or chicken breasts to make sure you get tender, juicy and succulent pieces of meat—order fresh boneless chicken for your recipe from Licious. Check out our recent article to find out how you can make your boneless chicken flavorful. Read now.
Can You Cook Honey Mustard Chicken In A Pan?
Yes, you most definitely can cook this dish in a pan. As long as your pan is non-stick, you’re good to go!
With What Can You Serve This Chicken?
Since this chicken lies more towards a little creamy, sweet and spicy side, you can pair this dish with a portion of pasta. Baby potatoes, baked beans, and garlic bread are a great combination along with this Chicken. Give that a try!
Serve it with a portion of garlic bread, baked baby potatoes, and baked beans. The secret to getting this perfect dish is fresh and tender chicken. Order Now. Enjoy!
- 1/4 cup honey
- 2 tablespoons Whole Grain Mustard
- 2 tablespoons Dijon Mustard
- 2 cloves Finely Chopped Garlic - 2 Cloves
- 1/2 tablespoon Salt and Pepper - ½ Tablespoon each
- 1/2 kg Boneless Chicken Breasts or Thighs
- 1 Evenly Sliced Lemon
- 1 Finely Chopped Spring Onions
- Method: Oven Baked
- Preheat oven to 350 ℉
- In an average-sized bowl, whisk honey, whole grain mustard, dijon, and garlic along with salt and pepper to taste.
- Mix the chicken in the marinade and wait for about 20 minutes for the flavours to bloom.
- Place the chicken on a cutting board and pat dry with paper towels.
- Season the chicken evenly with salt, pepper and oregano.
- In a nonstick skillet, place the chicken evenly on medium flame and let it cook for 5 minutes.
- Once the chicken has turned golden brown, flip the chicken and let the other side cook.
- Remove the chicken from the skillet and place it in an ovenproof tray.
- Bake the chicken for thoroughly. It usually takes about 30-40 minutes.
- Check with a fork to see if the chicken is cooked.
- To add in an extra punch, squeeze some lemon on the chicken and garnish with finely chopped spring onions.