Preparing raw fish sushi is an art. It does take years of practice to master the right technique. But who says you can’t make it at home? Home-made raw fish sushi is super tasty and fun to make. You get to add your favourite ingredients and fulfil your craving, without pinching your pockets! Wish to try it out yourself? Then, keep on reading.
Buy Indian Salmon (Rawas) – Boneless Cubes online on Licious. Explore our website for a range of other fresh seafood options such as Fish, Prawns and Crabs and prepare your next delicious recipe with Licious!
|Prep Time||15 minutes|
|Cook Time||15 minutes|
- 6 sheets of sushi seaweed
- 250 gms raw salmon
- 120 gms Cream Cheese sliced
- 1 large avocado sliced
To make the sushi
- Place a rice cooker on high heat and add water and white sushi rice to it. Cook it for 15 minutes. Once the rice cooks, turn off the heat and add the rice vinegar to the cooker. Take a ladle or a large spoon and mix it well.
- Take a bamboo mat and lay the seaweed over it. Now layer the pre-cooked sushi rice over it. Spread the rice evenly. Then, add salmon, sliced cream cheese and sliced avocado on the rice.
- Roll the bamboo mat, and the ingredients present within. Make sure you roll the mat tightly. Now, take a sharp knife and cut the sushi rolls. Serve it in a plate with soy sauce.
You can add any of your favourite fillings like cucumber, asparagus, bell peppers and jalapenos to the sushi.
Share your version of this recipe
Have your unique way of making raw fish sushi? We would love to know it. Don’t forget to share your recipe with us!
Frequently Asked Questions
Which other fish can be used to make this recipe?
You can use tuna, snapper or mackerel to make raw fish sushi.
Can I store sushi overnight?
No, you cannot store the sushi overnight as it contains raw fish, which tends to go bad.