Sausage is one of the most popular foods found in many cuisines across the globe. It’s not only a breakfast staple but is also used in many different recipes. Sausages are made using a variety of meats and are available in various styles. From mild sausages to smoked, cured and spicy, you can find a wide variety of options to choose from. Sausages are made with a combination of fat and ground pork. However, chicken and seafood sausages are also used to prepare sausages.
How are sausages made?
you can make sausages using any kind of meat, from fish to chicken and even veal. The meat that is used to make sausages should be fresh. It should have the right meat-to-fat proportion. To preserve the meat, curing agents like potassium nitrate and sodium are used. The meat mixture is then stuffed into skins or casings.
How to cook sausages?
Sausages can be cooked in several different ways. They can be boiled, grilled, pan-fried or roasted. Bulk sausages are formed into balls or patties and then grilled, pan-fried or baked. They can also be used as a filling for various dishes or broken into pieces, browned and used in sauces and soups. Fresh link sausages are cooked by roasting, braising, broiling, grilling, boiling or pan-frying.
Different varieties of sausages
There are many varieties and flavours of sausages. Here are some of the most popular types of sausages available:
- Fresh sausage: These are uncooked or pre-cooked sausages that are sold in casings or in bulk. They are not dried or smoked.
- Dried sausage: These sausages have a hard texture and a very concentrated flavour. They do not require cooking.
- Smoked sausage: Available as pre-cooked and smoked, these types of sausages come with a strong flavour.
Are sausages healthy? Health benefits of sausages
The nutritional value of sausages will depend on the type of meat used. However, if you are wondering if sausages are healthy, then here are the health benefits of sausages.
- High in protein: Sausages come packed with protein which is good for the body. Protein is an essential macronutrient. It helps in fighting infections and building muscle, skin and bone tissue. Protein also works to carry oxygen and nutrients throughout the body.
- Rich in vitamin B: Sausages are known to be rich in vitamin B. They help to fulfil various functions in the body. Vitamin B12 helps to produce haemoglobin, an important protein needed for transporting oxygen through the body. Vitamin B also helps to break down proteins and fats and protect the body from nerve damage.
- Good source of iron: Sausage is a great source of iron. Iron is an important nutrient that helps with the production of myoglobin and haemoglobin. Sausages are usually prepared with red meat like lamb, pork and beef, which are all high in iron.
How to use sausages in various recipes?
Sausages can be used in a wide variety of recipes. Sliced or crumbled sausages give pasta, stews, soups, omelettes and casseroles a yummy meaty flavour. Whole sausages can also be served with mashed potatoes and mustard in a bun. Dried or smoked sausages are a great addition to rice dishes like fried rice or jambalaya. You can add them to a cheese platter as well. If you love your Maggi, then adding sausages to it would take the dish to the next level. You can check out this easy Maggi recipe with sausages for a satisfying meal.
Buy Licious Sausages
At Licious, we offer different types of delicious sausages that you can add to your dishes. Some of our options include classic chicken breakfast sausage, classic smoked chicken frankfurter, and chicken sausage with thyme and cheese. Our cold cuts are made from high-grade, fresh meats that are free from any added chemicals or artificial preservatives. The meat is always fresh, never frozen. Your order is hygienically vacuum-packed in tamper-proof packages and delivered quickly to your doorstep. Try out our delicious cold cuts like sausages, frankfurters and chicken lyoners to add to your dishes to enjoy with family and friends.