Bored of eating the same type of food for lunch and dinner? Add a twist to your meal plans with Sesame Chicken Noodles. This dish is super easy to make and is perfect for days when you don’t feel like cooking much. And if you have some leftover roasted chicken in your refrigerator, then you’re even more sorted for the day. Keep reading to know more about this quick 2-step recipe.
|Prep Time||10 Mins|
|Cook Time||15 Mins|
- 200 gms Boneless Chicken
- 200 gms Cooked Noodles
- 1 Eggplant or Brinjal
- 1 grated carrot
- ½ De-Seeded and Diced Cucumber
- 1 Juice of lime
- ½ pack Mint leaves roughly chopped
- 1 tbsp Tahini
- 2 tsp Soy Sauce
- 2 garlic cloves
- 1 tsp Sesame oil
- ½ tsp Chilli flakes
- salt to taste
- Roast the garlic cloves in a pan and set aside. Place the brinjal directly on the gas stove to roast it. You can also roast it in the oven along with the chicken. In a mixing bowl, whisk together tahini, lime juice, soy sauce, roasted garlic, sesame oil, chilli flakes and salt. Add some water to make a smooth, creamy dressing.
- In a serving bowl, add the cooked noodles, pieces of roasted chicken, roasted brinjal, cucumber, carrot and mint. Gently fold in all the ingredients and give it a toss.
- Add the dressing and toss again. Sprinkle chilli flakes on top and serve alongside a hot bowl of soup or fried chicken nuggets.
For a flavourful bowl of chicken noodles, use leftover roasted chicken.
Share your version of this recipe
Chicken noodles are made in different ways in different parts of the world. Ours was a continental one, what’s yours? Share your version of the recipe with us.
Frequently Asked Questions
What can I use instead of tahini?
Tahini is made from husked, toasted sesame seeds ground to form a paste. So, you can make tahini at home by simply toasting the desired amount of sesame seeds and grinding them with a teaspoon of oil and a pinch of salt.
Can I use vinegar instead of lime juice?
Yes. You can use white vinegar or white chilli vinegar for this recipe.
What type of noodles are best for chicken noodles?
You can use rice noodles or egg noodles. Boil and drain them and sprinkle a little oil over them to prevent them from sticking together.