#MomChef: C N Sarasamma
Craving #MaaKaKhana? Try out this delicious recipe that’s been lovingly shared with us as part of our Mother’s Day campaign. We’re sure you’ll feel this mother’s love on your plate when you eat it. Enjoy!
What’s so special about this dish? Here’s what Binumol has to say:
“It’s the experience that makes the expertise even in cooking, an art that cannot be copied. Especially when it is prepared with love and affection along with the ingredients, it will be more delicious. And it will give a good old nostalgic feeling if it’s our mother’s recipe, a kind of food that mesmerizes us and reminds us of our sweet childhood days. Every mother cooks in a unique way with the same ingredients given. This is the majority because of the difference in measurements and the untold secret ingredients.”
Buy Sardine fish online from Licious to prepare scrumptious Nadan Mathi Curry at home. Explore our website to buy fresh seafood online and master your culinary skills with delectable fish recipes!
- 1/2 kg Sardine Fish
- 1 inch piece Ginger
- 8 garlic cloves
- 5-6 Shallots
- 2 tsp Red Chili Powder
- 2 tsp coriander powder
- 1/2 tsp turmeric powder
- 1/2 tsp Methi powder
- 1/2 tsp Methi/Fenugreek seeds
- 5 stem Curry leaves
- 1 tsp Mustad
- 5 tsp Coconut Oil
- 2 Green Chili
- 1/2 cup coconut grated
- 3-4 pieces smallMalabar tamarind
- Salt as required
- Keep the Malabar tamarind in one cup of hot water for 5 minutes to make it soft.
- Chop shallots, ginger and garlic, and 1 green chili
- Take a bowl and add red chili powder, turmeric powder, Fenugreek powder, and coriander powder. Add half of the tamarind water to it and make a paste.
- Add half tsp of salt red chili powder and turmeric powder to the cleaned and cut fish, paste it all over the fish.
- Take a kadai (preferably clay kadai/manchatti) and make it heat.
- Add 3 tsp of coconut oil to the hot kadai. Add mustard seeds, Fenugreek seeds, one green chill and 2 stems of curry leaves
- Add the chopped onion, ginger, garlic, and green chili to it and stir until it gets light brown color. This is the stage when the raw smell goes.
- Add the paste prepared with red chili, coriander, Fenugreek, and Turmeric Powder.
- Add half tsp of salt and start stirring till the paste becomes thick. The raw smell of the powders added will go by this
- Add the leftover tamarind and it's water to it. You can cut the tamarind if required, it gives more effect at once. Keep on stir the mixture and make it a thick paste( as it boils the paste becomes thick).
- Add one cup of water Add salt as required to this and make it to boil.
- Add fish pieces and make it boil for 5-10 minutes.
- Make a fine paste of coconut by grinding it with water and add to the curry.
- As the oil separates, add 2 tsp of coconut oil and the leftover curry leaves, and cover it with a lid. After 5 minutes switch off the flame.
- And enjoy the delicious curry.
- Fish curry used after a minimum 5 hrs or kept overnight tastes better than the immediate use. Please note up to step 6 keep the stove on low flame and then onwards medium flame.