Black Chicken Curry or Kadaknath is a chicken dish that is made from a Black Chicken. The chicken is black inside out. This type of chicken is the native of Madhya Pradesh and has a different gamey taste and texture than a broiler chicken. If you are looking to eat a Chicken dish with a twist, then this is the real deal. Here we share a simple but desi Black Chicken recipe that will give you flavourful, tender chicken curry. Check it out!
|Prep Time||10 minutes|
|Cook Time||60 minutes|
- Take a pan and add the sliced onions. Dry roast them without oil until they turn brown.
- Add 4 tablespoons of mustard oil to the brown onions and sauté the mixture. Crush the garlic and add it to the mix.
- To this mixture, add the chicken pieces and mix them well.
- Then add salt and turmeric powder. Add a little water and mix all the ingredients.
- Take an earthen pot. Place in on the stove and transfer the curry to the pot. Cover the pot with a lid and let the chicken cook.
- Open the lid and once the chicken is cooked and the meat leaves the bone, add the wheat flour.
- Add the crushed dry red chilli mixed with salt and mustard oil. This goes at the end of the recipe and gives a kick of spiciness to the dish. Garnish with coriander and serve the curry with roti and raw onions on the side.
It is essential to use only mustard oil to make this recipe as it gives a strong, pungent flavour to the chicken.
Share your version of this recipe
How do you cook Kadaknath or Black Chicken at home? Do share your recipe with us!
Frequently Asked Questions
Is Black Chicken healthy?
Yes. Black Chicken is high in antioxidants, protein, calcium and minerals. Moreover, it also has low-fat content as compared to broiler chicken.
Which cuts of Black Chicken can I use to make this recipe?
You can use both bone-in, and boneless curry cuts to make this recipe.