You’ve probably eaten Arrabiata pasta with Parmesan, or Alfredo pasta with Cheddar, but have you ever tried Pesto pasta with whipped cream? We didn’t think so. As strange as it may sound, this dish is both unique and delicious. As the name suggests, this dish requires two main ingredients – pesto and whipping cream. The rest of the ingredients should be easily available in your pantry. Read on to learn how to cook this recipe.
Buy Chicken Breasts-Boneless or Chicken Mini Bites online on Licious. Explore our website for a range of other fresh chicken options such as Chicken Drumsticks, Chicken Thighs and Curry cuts and prepare your next delicious recipe with Licious.
|Prep Time||10 minutes|
|Cook Time||20 minutes|
- 450 gm trimmed chicken breasts
- 1 tsp salt
- ¼ tsp black pepper
- 450 gm asparagus with ends trimmed and chopped into 2" pieces
- 2 cups heavy whipping cream
- 4 tbsp pesto sauce store-bought
- 4 tbsp olive oil
- 350 gm fettuccini pasta
- Add the pasta in the salted boiling water. Once cooked, drain the pasta and set aside. You can also cook the pasta as per the instructions on the packet.
- Season the chicken breasts with pepper and half a teaspoon of salt. In a large skillet, heat some olive oil and pan-fry the chicken for about 3 minutes each on both sides or until cooked. Once cooked, rest for about 5 minutes and cut into bite-sized strips.
- In the same skillet, add more oil if needed and sauté asparagus for about 2-3 minutes until tender and crisp. Add the whipping cream and simmer for about 3 minutes while stirring occasionally. Then add pesto, chopped chicken breasts and let it cook for another 2 minutes. Add salt, cooked pasta and stir well.
- Serve immediately with warm, crusty bread slices.
You can use broccoli, peas, green beans or even cherry tomatoes along with or without asparagus. To add up some spice in your pasta, you can directly stir in a dollop or two of our Chunky Continental Chicken Spread while skipping the whole process of cooking the chicken breasts and cutting them.
Share your version of this recipe
How do you make creamy chicken pasta at home? Share your version of the recipe with us.
Frequently Asked Questions
Can I reheat the creamy chicken pasta?
Yes. You can reheat the creamy chicken pasta; however, keep the flame low and stir continuously. Avoid overheating.
What pasta can I use other than fettuccini?
You can use any of your favourite pasta for this recipe. It could be penne, spaghetti, rigatoni or macaroni to name a few.